Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

Electronic Programme Guide (module)

Rabone Systems has released an EPG module for the US based on the online guide Zap2It.com. I have expanded our original EPG (which was originally made for Australian free-to-air and Foxtel channels) to also include a favourites system which can be used with additional hardware to provide SMS and panel notifications as well as automatic recording of shows.

You simply need to create a account on the Zap2it website and configure your location and favourite channels (including display order) and enter your username and password into the module.

The module is rather processor intensive and supports up to 45 channels but works best with no more than 25. I recommend using a NI-x100 series though I have successfully run it on an NI-700 - it took a quite while to load 20 channels.

The module downloads new data every night (currently 4:30am) so it shouldn't affect users.

The module will be free to use for at least the rest of the year so give it a go and feel free to leave some feedback and feature requests.

http://www.rabonesystems.com.au/download.php?get=RaboneSystemsEPG_US_V2_1_2.zip