Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

MediaPOINTE Serial Control

Has anyone controlled anything by MediaPOINTE (Advanced Media Design)? I've used 3 of their DMRs (a DMR 210e and two DMR300s) in the past 2 months, and all of them are giving me trouble. The serial port keeps locking up after a while and not working anymore. You have to go into the web settings, turn it off, and turn it back on. MediaPOINTE's tech support has basically been useless to me, saying I'm the only person having these problems.

I'm polling for record status, which may be killing it, but I don't know what else I'm supposed to do to keep an accurate status of the device on the panel.

Has anyone successfully used one of their devices without it crapping out on them? I've only ever used these 3, and so far I'm unimpressed, and my clients even more so.

J

Comments

• DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    I have no experience with it, but had a similar situation with another product. It's a kludgy stand-in for a real fix, but I put a timeline on it that watches traffic on the port,and if it doesn't respond after 5 minutes of queries, I power cycle the darn thing. I'm also testing another product with a less prevalent but still nasty port lock up to see if it's in use at 2AM every night, and if not, power cycling it for good measure.
  • JeffJeff Posts: 374
    That would work except that this is for a recording device. Its supposed to record multi hour meetings multiple times a week. I can't power cycle it in the middle of a meeting just because serial stopped responding.

I've been in contact with Mediapointe tech support and they've managed to replicate the problem, however, so we'll see how long it takes them to fix it. Its been a week now since they told me they replicated the issue and I haven't heard back since.

J