Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

New Mouse

I've always been using the basic mouse that came with my PC's including the MacPro I bought last year. The MacPro has by far the worst mouse I ever used and tethered to the keyboard with a short cable, very annoying. I finally went out Sunday to get a new wireless one so I can move freely with out yanking on my keyboard all the time and I found & bought a logitech performance laser VX Revolution for $69.00.

It's got to be one of the best investements I ever made. I feel like I just came out of the dark ages with everything this mouse can do. Scroll up, down, left, right, copy, paste, tab, tab back, zoom in, zoom out, enter. All configurable to almost anything you'd like. And it feels so nice in my hand and glides like butter on my 36 x 24 anti glare mouse pad, work surface.

So if there are any other cavemen out there, do yourself a favor and bye a nice mouse and make your life easier, work smarter and faster.

Comments

• ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    being a Mac person, i've always hated the Mac mouse. I've always bought 3rd party mice.

I use a Microsoft wired mouse (IR) on my PC. I use a Logitech trackball with a 'thumb' left click on my Macs.
  • jjamesjjames Posts: 2,908
    I finally broke free and bought a wireless mouse & keyboard for my home. I love it . . . I've been thinking about going wireless with my work laptop . . . we'll see though. I just hate having all these USB things plugged in, especially when I'm moving around on a job site. Could bump it into something and easily break the receiver. Gonna have to see if this laptop has bluetooth built in.
  • I use a Logitech Cordless Mouse and it is by far the most comfortable mouse I have used.

Now I just need to settle on an equally good bluetooth mouse and keyboard for use with my laptop when I am on job sites. I currently have a Dell Bluetooth keyboard and mouse combo, but the mouse is too long to be comfortable and the keyboard keys require too much travel and pressure to type efficiently.

Any ideas?
  • I use a Logitech G7 when at work on my laptop. Its quite large to use as a portable mouse and the battery life is pretty poor but it tracks perfectly.

At home I use a MS Sidewinder mouse. Its nice (wired) but I think next time I'll go with Logitech again.

As for going wireless get a Logitech DiNovo keyboard. They cost an absolute fortune and you dont get number keys but its a beautiful input device.
    Hey its cheaper then the Optimus :-)
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    I've always used the Logitech cordless laser mice ... I have a Revolution at home, and an MX-700 at work that I coughed up my own money for (boss doesn't get it, he thinks the mice that come with computers are "good enough," and I would rather just spend the money than argue the point). I won't work with anything else if I have a choice.
  • DHawthorne wrote: »
    I've always used the Logitech cordless laser mice ... I have a Revolution at home, and an MX-700 at work that I coughed up my own money for (boss doesn't get it, he thinks the mice that come with computers are "good enough," and I would rather just spend the money than argue the point). I won't work with anything else if I have a choice.

My boss feels the same way, except he is worse. I had to buy my own keyboard, mouse, and monitor. He just doesn't get why a laptop alone isn't good enough for everything.

At least I will have plenty of monitors at home if I ever get a different job.