Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

LG Plasma 42PM4M

Does any one have experience programming LG 42PM4M. I can turn the power on only through serial command and after that I have an error on all commands. I could not turn the power off, selection of sources...

Comments

• LG protocol seems to be similar to all of their models. What commands are you trying to send?
  • I am sending commands for Video input, RGB input, It's strange because it works on Power on command..
  • Can you paste in a code block?
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    It wouldn't be the first manufacturer who had slight variations among models that makes the codes incompatible.

There are many, many threads here on LG displays and the various quirks; I'd do a search on LG and run through those.
  • edgelitocedgelitoc Posts: 160
    I just found out today, I tried the codes with the same unit...it works. I suspect the RS232 board is defective. I will post the result once the board replace..Thanks for your help
  • AuserAuser Posts: 506
    edgelitoc wrote: »
    I just found out today, I tried the codes with the same unit...it works. I suspect the RS232 board is defective. I will post the result once the board replace..Thanks for your help

We've run into LG Plasmas which stop responding correctly if you're sending commands when power is applied to the unit. Not sure if your code is polling the unit for feedback and was trying to put it in a known state when you plugged the power in.

We use one way control with them as a general rule for this reason.
  • edgelitocedgelitoc Posts: 160
    Auser wrote: »
    We've run into LG Plasmas which stop responding correctly if you're sending commands when power is applied to the unit. Not sure if your code is polling the unit for feedback and was trying to put it in a known state when you plugged the power in.

We use one way control with them as a general rule for this reason.

after changing the rs232 board,, its working now with the codes... (source selection, power off),, thanks for help..
  • 2Fast2Fast Posts: 90
    I had this problem and I discovery something really strange ...

Once I was using the baud rate 9600,N,8,1 and I just could turn on the LG all the other commands only work if when I changed the baud rate to 115200,N,8,1

Try do that ... I supose you are with the same problem.

Let me kno if it worked!

Cya.
  • thanks its working now...