Home AMX User Forum AMX Control Products
Options

5200i - slow transfer!

What's up with the SUUUUUPER SLOOOOOOW transfer? My gosh!!! Transferring our files to the 8400 is slow enough, and now make it even slower is making my transferring experiences horrendous!

Anyone else noticing this?

Comments

• Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    Seemed the same to me as an 8400 last one I did.
  • Options
    Joe HebertJoe Hebert Posts: 2,159
    Transfers are fine with my 5200i also.
  • Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    jjames wrote: »
    What's up with the SUUUUUPER SLOOOOOOW transfer? My gosh!!! Transferring our files to the 8400 is slow enough, and now make it even slower is making my transferring experiences horrendous!

Anyone else noticing this?

the two I've done are just fine...

hmmmm...
  • Options
    jjamesjjames Posts: 2,908
    Must be the network . . . because we're now having some other issues.

But even the one on my desk here seems to transfer slower than the 8400 I have sitting next to it.

I'll have to run some tests later and see if it's a figment of my imagination or not.
  • Options
    a_riot42a_riot42 Posts: 1,624
    No issues here either. I am annoyed that you can't preview 5200s but that's another thread.
    Paul
  • Options
    5200i Preview

You can panel preview a 5200i, but you need to open the file directly with G4 Panel Preview, and not through TPD4. (and hence, need to close the file in TPD4, but you can do it)

Adam
  • Options
    Spire_JeffSpire_Jeff Posts: 1,917
    jjames wrote: »
    Must be the network . . . because we're now having some other issues.

But even the one on my desk here seems to transfer slower than the 8400 I have sitting next to it.

I'll have to run some tests later and see if it's a figment of my imagination or not.

I have noticed that the wireless range on the 5200 is definitely less than the 8400 (newer 8400s). Maybe the 5200 is running at 2Mbps and the 8400 is running at 18Mbps ... or something like that?

Jeff
  • Options
    a_riot42a_riot42 Posts: 1,624
    You can panel preview a 5200i, but you need to open the file directly with G4 Panel Preview, and not through TPD4. (and hence, need to close the file in TPD4, but you can do it)

Adam

Thanks Adam I will check that out.
    Paul