Home AMX User Forum AMX Control Products
Options

Image of a fader

2»

Comments

• Options
    Jorde_VJorde_V Posts: 393
    dbrady wrote: »
    You need to have a separate file with just the transparent parts defined by a black and white image. Look in \Program Files\Common Files\AMXShare\G4SupportFiles\__system\graphics\sliders or
    \Program Files\Common Files\AMXShare\G4SupportFiles\__system\graphics\cursors for examples.

For instance the Hand cursor has a file 'hand.png' and another 'hand_alpha.png' that defines the transparent parts. It works similarly for sliders. Take a look and see if you can figure it out. You basically need 3 more files with the same name with an _alpha on the end defining the transparency.

I wanted it to be partly transparent (shadow). Which isn't possible this way (or is it?). Well I'm gonna try a few things today, I'll let you know if I manage to work it out in a good way.
  • Options
    viningvining Posts: 4,368
    If you go to:
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\AMXShare\G4SupportFiles\__system\graphics\sliders
    You can add your own sliders but they require 12 seperate image files. I added one called earth which is a picture of the earth (the first .png pic I came across). I made 12 images, you'll see what you'll need when you see the other sliders in the file.

I first attempted this with top, bottom, right, left..... all cropped accordingly but they came out flat shapes and not the image on the earth so I made all 12 picsw the same of the entire earth.

You then need to open up the draw.xma file and scroll until you find this section:
    <sliderData>
    		<sliderFamily>
    			<name>Sliders</name>
    			<member>Ball</member>
    			<member>Earth</member>
    			<member>Line -S</member>
    			<member>Line -M</member>
    			<member>Line -L</member>
    			<member>Circle -S</member>
    			<member>Circle -M</member>
    			<member>Circle -L</member>
    			<member>Precision</member>
    			<member>Windows</member>
    		</sliderFamily>
    		<slider>
    			<name>Ball</name>
    			<baseFile>Ball</baseFile>
    			<multiColor>1</multiColor>
    			<incRepeat>1</incRepeat>
    			<minSize>15</minSize>
    			<fixedSize>15</fixedSize>
    		</slider>
    		<slider>
    			<name>Earth</name>
    			<baseFile>Earth</baseFile>
    			<multiColor>1</multiColor>
    			<incRepeat>1</incRepeat>
    			<minSize>24</minSize>
    			<fixedSize>15</fixedSize>
    		</slider>

You can see above that I added Earth in the family and then created a seperate entry for it, click save and open TPD4 and it should appear in the drop down and the pic should display.

My display actually had 2 earths since I made all the pics the same full image but maybe with a little experimenting I could make some cool sliders but that's another day since my curiosity is now satisfied.