Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

Static, Sticky and Dynamic IPs

For those of you that have been putting systems online for control over the internet, I'm sure that you are discovering that ISP's are not handing out Static IP's all the time these days. The standard seems to be becoming the Sticky IP. The bottom line is that it is becoming very challenging to track the IP of the online systems. Has anyone out there created a dynamic link that will have the AMX system report to a web page and update an assigned hyperlink to the AMX system?

Comments

• DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    I use the dynamic DNS service at DynDNS.org. TZO.com provides a similar service, but at greater cost. I've posted my module on another thread (or two) : http://www.amxforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=367
  • I would rather not add services and/or monthly fees etc. I would like to write a little JAVA applet that I would post on my own web page to track the Dynamic and Sticky IP's of the system I have on the WEB. I am currently having the systems verify the IP and email the address to me when it changes. In addition to an email, I'd like the system to update the database on my WEB page.

Has anyone out there done this?