Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

Symetrix ZM 760 control

I've just been asked to program a small job for a new client.
There is a Symetrix ZM760 in the system, 4 mics on inputs 1 to 4, and 2 stereo line level inputs on 5 and 6.
All I need to do is select the inputs and control volumes with sliders, and mute etc.
Has anyone controlled one of these with AMX? as I'm finding the manual a bit confusing.
Any help greatly appreciated.

thanks

Barry

Comments

• annuelloannuello Posts: 294
    Gday Barry,

FWIW: I'm currently controlling 15+ of these - they are a beautiful unit they are.

Firstly, there seems to be two "versions" of the hardware. Units built before approx December 2007 only have a RS485 port which uses the ARC protocol. I had no luck controlling our units this way, since teh ARC protocol is not publicly documented. We exchanged our old units for the new version with RS232 port, which uses the IS Protocol. You can grab the documentation from http://www.symetrixaudio.com/repository/Symetrix_IS_cp.pdf Pages 16 -> 23 list all the relevant "controller numbers" for the ZM760.

Here are a few examples of what the ZM760 expects. I'll assume that dvZM760 is set to a physical RS232 port and configured appropriately:
    char cMyVolume  //0 -> 255

//Set gain for Zone 1 Input 2 to cMyVolume.
    send_string dvZM760, "'CS ', itoa(6102), ' ', itoa(cMyVolume * 256), $0D"

//Turn Mute on for Zone 3 Input 6.
    send_string dvZM760, "'CS ', itoa(6338), ' 0', $0D"
    //Turn Mute off for Zone 3 Input 6.
    send_string dvZM760, "'CS ', itoa(6338), ' 65535', $0D"

I've put the Controller Number in itoa() since in practice I store all the CNs in various integer arrays. The above send_strings are wrapped up in functions that take several params for Zone, Channel & Value. These map to various index in my arrays. If you need more detail just PM me.

Yours,
    Roger McLean
    Swinburne University