Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware
Options

Connection Problem with NI-4000 VxWorks 5.5.1 Ftp Server

Hi,

I'm having a trouble in downloading files from NI-4000 via FTP. I've used Filezilla and Core FTP and used administrator password command together with the IP adress and port 21. It seems like the authentication is successful but I am automatically taken to doc:user folder where the IR files are located. And I cannot go to up or root directory and/or cannot see or download the system files.

I'm wondering if there is another password than used above to access these files since I did not change the default passwords. Or is there a master password to bypass this check or reset the password so that I can see and download system files without problems.

I really apprecite any comments and support on this issue. Many thanks.

Comments

• Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    This is not an issue; the root folder has always been locked out of FTP. Doc:user is as high in the folder hierarchy as you can get. If there is a way to get into the root, I don't know it. If you really must know what files are loaded in the system folder, telnet in and type in "program info".
  • Options
    yes, seems to me locked out but ftp server, VxWorks 5.5.1

Yes we have tried all the VxWorks 5.5.1 Ftp Server commands but always prompting "DENIED".
    When we type USER again and again the same "DENIED", Even already logged into with default
    user/passwords. We also could not get the system files thru File Transfer 2.

Hope to reach the files to upgrade the system :)

Thanks from now for all answers.

G.
  • Options
    sloved the problem

user is NetLinx "case sensitive"
    pass is password

according to the whitepapers
    thank you :)
  • Options
    yuriyuri Posts: 861
    username can also be "administrator"
  • Options
    Security

Don't forget to change the default password, otherwise there is no security.