Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

Fronius Solar Integration

Has anyone integrated with the Fronius Interface yet? Im looking for some help on writing new code for this device to give feedback on Solar Energy.

Comments

• Personally interfaced with one, however the protocol looks pretty simple.
    See attached, you will need to have the interface card as detailed.
  • Fronius Inverter

I do have that documentation. I was able to communicate with the Inverter via Fronius Software using the same null db9 cable that I have connected to the NI, yet the NI does not recieve any info back when I send it a string. Not even an error message.
  • ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    I do have that documentation. I was able to communicate with the Inverter via Fronius Software using the same null db9 cable that I have connected to the NI, yet the NI does not recieve any info back when I send it a string. Not even an error message.

If the DB9 port on the PC then it'll work on the NI. However, you should check the baud settings and also the other settings like 'even/odd/none parity' etc... I've been bitten by that one before. There are many devices that call for odd parity.
  • Is your serial cable moulded or homemade? Remember the NI sockets are not wired just for 232, so you should only have pins 2,3,& 5 connected unless you must have CTS/RTS on 7 & 8.
  • Fronius Inverter

It is def only 2-3-5. I downloaded a port spy program and watched what the Fronius Software sends out of the 232 port on my computer(usb - serial) and from what I can tell it sends you basic info. I have tried odd but not even. Im still struggling with this, I will let you know if I make any headway. Thanks guys.
  • Fronius Inverter Control

So I figured it out. Using PortMon I realized I was sending 1 hex wrong. But then I had real issues trying to parse the HEX to calc the data. After working with John from Tech Support he gave me some code to help out. If anyone has to integrate with the Fronius Inverter via easy interface card let me know and I can help.