Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Studio

"No error occured"

See attached screenshot... i thought it was funny!

Comments

• DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    Happened to me once in my career ... I forget what caused it, probably just moving too fast for the poor computer.
  • Way too funny!
  • mpullinmpullin Posts: 949
    System Report:

Everything is fine. Nothing is ruined.
  • ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    Error!: Your code is full of 'FAIL'
  • In such instances in my software, I think I'll just throw one of these up.
  • ColzieColzie Posts: 470
    I have seen this several times. I think it has something to do with a network drive not being available??

Even though the message isn't helpful, it feels good to read it. No error! Yay!!
  • I see it a lot too. It pops up if you closed Studio down with a file from a network drive or USB stick open, then you launch Studio later with that drive or USB stick not attached. I used to laugh when I first started seeing it, but now, like Colzie I cheer. Sometimes, if I'm having a bad day I'll close down Studio, yank out the USB stick, and launch Studio again just so I can see those encouraging words :). j.k.

Come to think of it, there are too many error messages, and not enough positive ones. I think when you compile code and get 0 errors and 0 warnings, it should play a little trumpet blast and give you Jason_the_adams thumbs up across the screen. Hmmmm, where's that feature request thread.... lol.

--John
  • jjamesjjames Posts: 2,908
    Come to think of it, there are too many error messages, and not enough positive ones. I think when you compile code and get 0 errors and 0 warnings, it should play a little trumpet blast and give you Jason_the_adams thumbs up across the screen. Hmmmm, where's that feature request thread.... lol.

I've never seen it to be honest.

And as far as that thumbs up goes! Sheesh . . . I'd never seen that before until I was looking for a new avatar and I wanted something sarcastic, so I did a search for "thumbs up" and saw that one - haha! Great, now I'm not very original. :( Haha!
  • I see it a lot too. It pops up if you closed Studio down with a file from a network drive or USB stick open, then you launch Studio later with that drive or USB stick not attached. I used to laugh when I first started seeing it, but now, like Colzie I cheer. Sometimes, if I'm having a bad day I'll close down Studio, yank out the USB stick, and launch Studio again just so I can see those encouraging words :). j.k.

--John

That's it... funny thing is: Today i saw exactly the same error messing when starting up Biamp Nexia software...
  • DarksideDarkside Posts: 345
    and when you press ok, I believe it says....

..."are you sure"?

:-)
  • I highly recommend this site for once a day viewing:

http://thedailywtf.com/Default.aspx

Kevin D.
  • mpullinmpullin Posts: 949
    shr00m-dew wrote: »
    I highly recommend this site for once a day viewing:

http://thedailywtf.com/Default.aspx

Kevin D.
    Favorited!

http://img.thedailywtf.com/images/200809/errord/Flex3Error.jpg This looks familiar...
  • Just need an animated version of that now, starting with a blank, unripped background followed by the fist coming through...

- Chip
    In such instances in my software, I think I'll just throw one of these up.
  • jjamesjjames Posts: 2,908
    Just got this tonight . . . AMX should take some tips from Google. :D