Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

code loading problems - NI-2000

Hi All...

Anyone had any issues with problems getting code to load on an NI-2000.

Been doing some update work on a clients system - about 2-3 years old or so and connecting via Netlinx to load code but sending the file via netlinx just keeps failing. After 6 or 7 attempts, it would work.

Also had problems with getting a KPD (dms-plk) keypad file to load. We had fixed a couple of button name typos and the new kpd file (to replace the old one, same file name) just wouldn't take. Send it, reboot, and the PLK kept showing the old file.

Ended up doing a complete erase of the memory - IR files, KPD, TKO, etc and then it would take.

Any thoughts? It a bit of a generic problem so I didn't have much luck searching past posts for anything that sounded familar.

Thanks!

Comments

• maxifoxmaxifox Posts: 209
    I would run an ethernet sniffer (WireShark, for example) to see what is going on on packet level and looked at NI logs, there might be something there as well... It can be also a memory problem...
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    I've had, on occasion, file I have FTP'ed to a master not be overwritten, even though my FTP client specified they should. I've never been able to determine the pattern - I just do it again and refresh the listing to make sure it actually happened.