Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

NXC-Vol 4 not detected

Has anyone experience it before connecting NXC-Vol4 to Ni-4000 but it is not detected by the Controller, We have declare the other card as DOA and replaced with new one but still not detected. I read the manual it is plug and play device.

Comments

• matt95gsrmatt95gsr Posts: 165
    I don't want to come across the wrong way, but the first thing that comes to mind is to ask if you're absolutely certain that the card is properly and fully seated. It sounds dumb, but I have seen before cards that didn't work and it turned out that while it felt they were seated, they actually weren't and would go a bit further if you pushed the card in just a little harder. Kind of like it feels like it stops once, but that's not the real deal - keep pushing and it will click in again and be fully seated. Can't remember for sure, maybe the cards actually flash the LED's upon proper insertion?
    The other thing would be to verify the addressing of the cardcage portion of the controller matches what you expect it to be. Or maybe the slot itself is bad. Have you tried moving it to another slot, or putting a known good card into that slot? Nothing but the basics here I know, but I really can't think of anything else.
  • edgelitocedgelitoc Posts: 160
    thanks for the reply, I've done putting it to another slot but it didn't work also I set dip switch to certain address. I am suspecting the power supply I used. Is there any effect on the type as it was specifed to use PSN 6.8 but I've used PSN 4.4..
  • matt95gsrmatt95gsr Posts: 165
    That shouldn't be the issue unless you are powering a bunch of other stuff with that power supply. The NI4000 should take about 900mA, and the VOL4 card about 200mA for a total of 1.1A. The PSN4.4 is a 4.4A power supply, so if it's dedicated to those items it really shouldn't be a problem.
  • Are there other cards already installed and working in that NI? If not, maybe the entire cardslot section is bad. I don't know if the cardslot board is a daughterboard or not, but it couldn't hurt to pop the cover and see if perhaps an internal ICSNet cable between the two has come disconnected.

- Chip
  • it was found out the whole controller were bad.. as I have downloaded the codes before sending it to job site, it was not even controlling devices and the new card was not also detected....
  • Now i have similar problem with VOL4..
    I have NXF-MINI cardframe connected to NI-3100 with ICSNET module, and NXC-REL installed in 2nd slot(working fine!).
    NXC-VOL4 in slot 1 installed and connected, works 1 day and disappeared from Online Tree. Was sent to dealer and replaced with the new one. Installed, connected, works 1 day and disappear again from Online. After installation green LED(CR13) was blinking. On next day that green LED(CR13) active permanently, another green LED on PCB(CR16) blinking. What means this LED?
    I tried to reboot cardframe, reinstall VOL4, install in another slot. It's still not working.
    What can I do?
  • edgelitocedgelitoc Posts: 160
    Now i have similar problem with VOL4..
    I have NXF-MINI cardframe connected to NI-3100 with ICSNET module, and NXC-REL installed in 2nd slot(working fine!).
    NXC-VOL4 in slot 1 installed and connected, works 1 day and disappeared from Online Tree. Was sent to dealer and replaced with the new one. Installed, connected, works 1 day and disappear again from Online. After installation green LED(CR13) was blinking. On next day that green LED(CR13) active permanently, another green LED on PCB(CR16) blinking. What means this LED?
    I tried to reboot cardframe, reinstall VOL4, install in another slot. It's still not working.
    What can I do?

how is your system connected, is it hooked up on a line level output.
  • yuriyuri Posts: 861
    edgelitoc wrote: »
    it was found out the whole controller were bad.. as I have downloaded the codes before sending it to job site, it was not even controlling devices and the new card was not also detected....

I have once seen that on a NI-4100 the entire flat-cable that goes to the card slots was disconnected...
    It was like that when it came out of the box...
  • check check

Hi,

1.-Check is the leds blink when you connect the vol4 device
    2.-check the addess, in factory mode the controller asign a volatile address, try to set in 6001 and 6002 port.

Have a nice hollydays,

Atomico64