Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware

Telnet user and password???

Hi, I just pulled a ni-3000 from a old setup to use now as my testing controller....Problem is I think the company that set this up locked down the controller from being accessed through TELNET?? It asks for a user and password, I didnt even know you could do this (Lack of experience..sorry) but was wondering if anyone has run into this problem and if so can you get around it??

Comments

• Spire_JeffSpire_Jeff Posts: 1,917
    Try connecting with a serial cable. If security isn't enabled there, you should be able to disable or change the security settings for the other access methods. If not, you will have to send the unit in to AMX to be fixed.

Jeff
  • ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    SCOTTYP wrote: »
    Hi, I just pulled a ni-3000 from a old setup to use now as my testing controller....Problem is I think the company that set this up locked down the controller from being accessed through TELNET?? It asks for a user and password, I didnt even know you could do this (Lack of experience..sorry) but was wondering if anyone has run into this problem and if so can you get around it??

Yeah, the joke at Tech Support is try 'RMA' for the password.

If you can't find it from the user or the previous installer, then you'll have to get an RMA and send it in.
  • That sucks....oh well. I'll try to connect through serial..Thanx
  • ColzieColzie Posts: 470
    When the Admin user has an unknown password (for telnet, web access, etc.)......
    If the serial port isn't password protected, newer firmware versions have a command "resetadminpassword" (I think this is correct). If the box has an older firmware (and serial port isn't locked out) you can upgrade the firmware via serial then use the reset command to remove the unknown password from the Admin user.

If the serial port is password protected too, RMA is the only way.

Hope this helps.