Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware

How to wire AXD-MSP8

Hi,

I just got an old phast AXD-MSP8 FG790-08 from ebay, In the AMX website it says that I can connect this device to a AXlink but on the back side of the softwire keypad there are 2 RJ 45 type connectors instead of the 4 wire AXlink detailed on the online manual, does anyone know how to wire this device?

Thanks,

Doug

Comments

• glr-ftiglr-fti Posts: 286
    If you have 2 RJ45's you have a PLK-MSP that was used with a PHAST system. You would need to hook that into the ICSNET bus.
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    glr-fti wrote: »
    If you have 2 RJ45's you have a PLK-MSP that was used with a PHAST system. You would need to hook that into the ICSNET bus.

Yes, but be careful. The DMS with Phastlink connectors was intended to be plugged into a special hub. It has microphone and speaker connections on some of those pins, which on an ISCNet port can be powered. I advise getting the pinout from AMX and making a custom cable that leaves out the mic and speaker connections entirely. Plugging it right into an ICSNet connection might make trouble. If you need the microphone and speaker, however, you have no choice but to get one of the hubs (or make an equivalent yourself ... I don't think they are available anymore).
  • glr-ftiglr-fti Posts: 286
    The MSP does not have a mic or speaker to the best of my knowledge. I have MSP's on the ICSNet with no issues.
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    glr-fti wrote: »
    The MSP does not have a mic or speaker to the best of my knowledge. I have MSP's on the ICSNet with no issues.

You are right, I read the post too quickly and was thinking DMS the whole time, not MSP.