Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

Landmark Phast Question

Please forgive me if this is not the right place or even the right forum to seek help.

I recently purchased a Landmark Phast PLB-AMP-8 amplifier and a PLB-AS8 switch. The more I read the more confused I get. The amp works fine using a Peavey mixer to control it. When I hook the switch in series I get nothing. I read somewhere that the switch needs a hub and controller to work. I have access to the hub if I need it. The controller part really confuses me. Can someone please explain what I really need in laymans terms before I go completely nuts?

Thanks in advance!
Shame

Comments

• glr-ftiglr-fti Posts: 286
    Those products are part of an obsolete system called PHAST. The amp will work fine standalone as you indicated but the AS8 needs something (a controller) to tell it what to do. You don't need the hub. You need either a MCU or MCU4 AND either a CF2 or a CF10. Then you need to get the Landmark software and program it.
  • ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    glr-fti wrote: »
    Those products are part of an obsolete system called PHAST. The amp will work fine standalone as you indicated but the AS8 needs something (a controller) to tell it what to do. You don't need the hub. You need either a MCU or MCU4 AND either a CF2 or a CF10. Then you need to get the Landmark software and program it.

The PLB-AS8 can also be controlled from an AMX Netlinx system. It too will need to be programmed.
  • ShameShame Posts: 2
    glr-fti wrote: »

Thanks for the reply. This sounds over my head, so I guess its heading for Ebay.

Thanks again!
    Shame
  • ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    Shame wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply. This sounds over my head, so I guess its heading for Ebay.

Thanks again!
    Shame

Actually, you might have some luck on ebay. Make sure you put it in the Home Automatio section. These things are actually somewhat in demand. There are quite a few of these systems out there. The units sound good and work quite well.

They have a strange quirk that pops up every now and then. The communications system goes dead. So the unit still functions as a piece of audio gear but won't do anything with a controller. Since AMX doesn't make them any more and also will not repair them, they go for pretty goom money on ebay.