Home AMX User Forum AMX Technical Discussion
Options

GC-100 anyone?

Hi guys,

have you ever used the GC-100 sort of products? Basically they allow to put IR/Serial/Relay control in another room by running a single cat5 cable which basically can be also achieved by using the NI-700/900. Can someone compare? From what I see using the GC-100 allows to stay within a single system as it extends the wires only and using the NI-700/900 requires master to master programming. Any hints or do I miss something?

Comments

• Options
    bob wrote: »
    Can someone compare?
    The price of the GC is certainly the major argument in using this as a room solution with reduced cabling as opposed to an additional master (or card frame).
    I have been using this solution with success in many practical applications, both AMX and C*. Having that said, there were also nail biting moments, especially with IR control where certain remotes (available for AMX) could not be learned and translated in the proprietary string format for GC.
    I also remember one of this devices (when intensively used for serial feedback) jamming the IP communication and freezing the ethernet port on a C* PRO2, (but there is room for interpretation here as far as the culprit).
    All in all, I am a fan of budget solutions, and, if thoroughly tested beforehand for the specifics of the controlled devices, this will do a great job.