Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

Tandberg recommendations?

I'm having to spec some Tandberg options for an upcoming job. Are there any units or modules I should avoid all together? Are there any units that work really well?

This is going to be for a couple of conference rooms. One is going to be smaller and designed for 1-3 people. One is going to be larger for up to 12 people.

Are there any weird things I need to be aware of with the current modules? Is there any functionality I will have to add to the modules?

Thanks,
Jeff

Comments

• Jeff,

I've used the latest AMX module with quite a few Tandberg systems lately. (3000 and 6000 MXP series).

Other than being kind of slow to initially load up, the duet module is great. The older NetLinx module also worked pretty well, but I actually prefer the duet version now. (This is not a statement that I would normally make, but the duet versions of both the Tandberg and the Polycom modules appear to be pretty solid).

The only real difference between the two units from the control perspective is the number of inputs and outputs.

I only have a couple of complaints about them. One is that there doesn't seem to be a way in the setup to disable it from going into standby mode. The other is the high-def camera. It doesn't have a lot of range tilt-wise, so if doesn't work well if the camera is mounted high. It may not point down as far as you would like. Pan and tilt is quiet, but the zoom makes a lot of noise.

Danny
  • AuserAuser Posts: 506
    I only have a couple of complaints about them. [...] The other is the high-def camera.

Also, they can be very finicky to get working on long cable runs. In addition, the codec to camera/first extender cables are wired differently for different model codecs. Why, oh Dog, why? This can cause an enormous deal of confusion when you happen to have the wrong cable kit with you.
  • Issue!

I've been using the MXP module but I have some issues with it. When I try to use the keypad the module sends twice the pulses. (I even tried it with the controller emulator to send independent pulses with the same result) Basically If I press a number on the panel I get twice the number in the codec... has anyone else seen this?