Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

G4 Web Control add-on?

Hi all...

The latest firmware for an NI700 refers to a fix in the webcontrol.

3.41.414 reports to "Fixed ActiveX Certificate expiration for G4 Web control " however everytime our client tries to do webcontrol of an NXT-CV7 panel, it is blocked and wants to download an add-in from AMX.

This is concerning the client - downloading a new 'driver or whatever' and it requires the IT guys to get involved since their security won't let ANYTHING get loaded in.

What have I missed? I already have 3.41.414 on the master (device 000) and 1.13.7 on the main device (5001). From what I can see, those are the most recent.

Thanks

Comments

• An ActiveX file is needed for AMX to have control through a browser. It's kind of a misnomer to call it G4 Web control. Its actually WebControl with an embedded VNC Client and it is actually controlling a Modero touch panel; not the AMX controller itself. So you could bypass all of this and just use a VNC client, like ultraVNC or winVNC and connect directly to the Modero TP using the Modero's IP instead of the Controller's IP.
  • ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    kbeattyAMX wrote: »
    An ActiveX file is needed for AMX to have control through a browser. It's kind of a misnomer to call it G4 Web control. Its actually WebControl with an embedded VNC Client and it is actually controlling a Modero touch panel; not the AMX controller itself. So you could bypass all of this and just use a VNC client, like ultraVNC or winVNC and connect directly to the Modero TP using the Modero's IP instead of the Controller's IP.

apparently they fixed the G3 web panel thing too. It's working well again. I actually liked using it in most cases. As long as you don't try to do anything too whippy, it works fairly okay. I like the fact that with the G3 you are dealing with a separate, non-physical device. It avoids all the VNC overhead too.