Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion
Options

AMX Designer Practical

A few things that need to be addressed in the current PDF online for the Designer Practical(Residential):

1. In the overview, it mentions Single line A/V diagrams and Room layouts. the PDF includes the A/V Diagrams, but the room layouts are missing.

2. There is a Motorized screen in the theater, but the theater is making use of a rear projection fixed screen setup. Is this just a trick question that needs to be address? (If so, please don't read this if you are taking the practical ;)

Those are all of the immediate concerns I have. Only other thing that pains me is the uncontrollable desire to sell this client a new projector and HD Capable receivers.

Jeff

Comments

• Options
    Hi Jeff
    I found when I did my pratical exam of designer that you had to really look hard at what they were asking. They tend to give you more info than you need to know in some area's and not enough in others. IE: the equipment placement in the racks to properly calculate the wire runs length comes to mind. I believe they do it just to confuse you and see how well you can separate the required info from the info given.

P.S. don't forget to list such equipment as the IR's(IRC-CC?). When I finished my pratical it was 11 pages long.
  • Options
    Spire_JeffSpire_Jeff Posts: 1,917
    Thomas,

Thanks for the pointers. I think I have everything they need, but time will tell.

Jeff
  • Options
    frthomasfrthomas Posts: 176
    I think the receiver was also missing in the second zone. They insist on a power diagram no matter how trivial.

Fred