Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware

Installing ICSNET card on NI-3100

Hi

i recently purchased and installed an icsnet daughter card,so that i can connect the NXC-Vol 4 card to the NI 3100 controller.

my question is ,how do i verify the ICSNET addon card is working ,i dont have the vol card with me to test at office

And in netlinx studio ,in the online tree,is it possible to see the ICSNET card , i see a device 32002,what is it

In my program i have addressed the vol card which is connected thru icsnet 32001:1:0 is this correct ?

Comments

• Device No's above 32000 are the dynamic range - 32002 will be NS2 or TP4 connected to the master.

With the VOL4 in a shell you will need to assign it a new address - ideally in the appropriate range 5001-5999 as an ICSNet Device.

I don't believe you can verify the ICSNet Daughter board without connecting a Device to it, but it may show up in Diagnostics somewhere, although technically the bus is already present in the master...

HTH
  • what port no should i use for the NXC-vol4 connected thru icsnet

can i define the device like this 5002:1:0
  • viningvining Posts: 4,368
    Jimweir192 wrote:
    I don't believe you can verify the ICSNet Daughter board without connecting a Device to it, but it may show up in Diagnostics somewhere, although technically the bus is already present in the master...
    I recently added one to an NI-3100 and didn't see any indication of it being connected anywhere. I believe it is totally transparent.

ajay thomas wrote:
    can i define the device like this 5002:1:0
    Sure! That's where I would start addressing add on cards.
  • i connected the NXC volume card to the icsnet port and in the netlinx studio online device it shows up as 32002.

how do i define the device.

right now i have defined it has 5003:1:0
    tp has 10001:3:1

is this correct

but im not getting response from the buttons.

Should the address of vol card be in range of 5001 because its an icsnet device
  • ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    i connected the NXC volume card to the icsnet port and in the netlinx studio online device it shows up as 32002.

how do i define the device.

right now i have defined it has 5003:1:0
    tp has 10001:3:1

is this correct

but im not getting response from the buttons.

Should the address of vol card be in range of 5001 because its an icsnet device

You can readdress the card by using the Device Addressing tool in NS2.. Go to the Diagnostics menu. Follow the instructions that come with the card to re-address it. It's easy-peesee!
    :)