Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

Getting web data into the system

I have a website that customers can fill in information out in text fields and when they are done they simply click "SEND" and the data sends me an email. However I want to get this data to send to my server or my master so I can take the information and store it either on my master or on my server. So that I can use the data later if needed. Anyone ever try doing this or know where to start?

Comments

• viningvining Posts: 4,368
    If the data is on your website's server in a file you can download as you would any webpage, parse it and do what you want. It doesn't matter if the page is accessable through the website or not as long as it's in a public directory.

You could also use the !FTP something or other module to periodically connect and transfer file from your website. If you try this route you should modify the FTP code so instead of constantly transferring files that rarely change, open the connection and check the files last modified date time stamp and then transfer if the time stamp has changed. You'll need to brush up on FTP commands and make sure your website supports the MDTM commands since not all servers do. The Netlinx masters don't but your not querying them.

http://www.nsftools.com/tips/RawFTP.htm