Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

Panasonic AJ-D455

Has anyone program Panasonic DVC Pro AJ-D455 ..

Comments

• has any one has the rs232 code
  • Here's the protocol. I don't remember where I used this, but based on the protocol I probably didn't write a module - just sent commands and didn't play with whatever feedback might have been available...

- Chip
  • thank you so much...
  • did you use all pins on RS232C port, the pin configuration on Amx Side includes 2,3,4,5,6,7,8 which DTR,DSR,RTS and CTS are inlcuded, Would it matter if im using only the conventional RXD,TXD,Grd,, VTR side has 25 pins,
  • Is this the format of sending commands to VTR Panasonic AJ-D455

Button_event [dvcpro,180] //Play Button
    {
    Push:
    {
    send_string dvcpro,"02h,OPL,03h"
    }
    }
  • jazzwyldjazzwyld Posts: 199
    I'd Try this

I'd try this unless someone else knows better..

Is this the format of sending commands to VTR Panasonic AJ-D455

Button_event [dvcpro,180] //Play Button
    {
    Push:
    {
    send_string dvcpro,"$02,'OPL',$03"
    }
    }
  • thanks, i will try this,,
    what is the pin configuration you used...from amx to DVCpro
  • As far as I can tell from the manual, you should only need 2, 3 & 5 from the AMX port, to 2, 3 and 7 on the deck, respectively. (The diagram in the manual completely contradicts the description above it - go figure) Worst case, you might have to swap 2 & 3 on one end of the cable.

- Chip

edgelitoc wrote: »
    did you use all pins on RS232C port, the pin configuration on Amx Side includes 2,3,4,5,6,7,8 which DTR,DSR,RTS and CTS are inlcuded, Would it matter if im using only the conventional RXD,TXD,Grd,, VTR side has 25 pins,
  • just want to share this experience , The codes are working even if its from AJ-D450. I used only pins 2,3,5 from amx. After downloading the program. I got a response from DVC PRo $06$02ER001$03 which means unrecognized commands. I found the problem in Define call. Command should be directly place at button events.