Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

Problem with Furman PS PRO II Power Conditioner

i have a problem with a furman ps pro ii power conditioner. i have connected the furman power conditioner with amx ni 3100 network controller on the relay port, mvp-8400 touchpanel and amx wifi router. i am mainly using the furman for sequencing the power on-off for qsc audio power amplifiers. i have a unique problem with the system. the furman switches on the amplifiers properly when the system is started from the amx touchpanel, the power comes on and all commands are carried out in a satisfactory manner, but after two mintues the furman power conditioner switches off on its own and thus cutting the power to the qsc amplifiers and thus disabling the audio in the system. however the other components remain on and function normally. i would really appericiate if somebody would try and help me sort out the problem with the furman unit

Comments

• a_riot42a_riot42 Posts: 1,624
    intrepid wrote: »
    i have connected i would really appericiate if somebody would try and help me sort out the problem with the furman unit

Have you called Furman? Sounds like you have a bad unit.
    Paul
  • thanks

well i have emailed them but i have not yet got any reply from them. i have connected two units in paralell but both the units are behaving in a similar manner. i guess if there would be a problem with one unit then the other should not have the same problem. let me know in case you know how to connect the unit with amx
  • How have you wired the control contacts to the Master?

The Furman can work from either momentary or maintained contacts... Do you have these connected to a Relay on the NI3100 - does the relay indicate that it is still on?

Also what current are you drawing on the outputs of the Furman, are you overloading the unit?
  • jweatherjweather Posts: 320
    This is easy enough to test without the AMX processor. Pull the relay connections from the AMX processor and short them by hand to turn the system on. If it turns off after 2 minutes, call Furman. If it works fine, you have an AMX problem. When in doubt, simplify...
  • thanks for your help

i have connected the furman in maintained mode to the ni-3100 relay port with + connection on relay of amx to +12v on the furman and - connection on relay of amx to rem on the furman. i also checked the current drawing of the furman outlets but it is below the max which furman can output. would there be any problem with the electromangetic feild of the furman power conditioner interfereing with the DSP of the AMX Ni-3100

thanks for your help.

regards,

parthiv
  • thanks

i will try this out and let you know if it works or no.

thanks for your help and support

regards,

Parthiv
    jweather wrote: »
    This is easy enough to test without the AMX processor. Pull the relay connections from the AMX processor and short them by hand to turn the system on. If it turns off after 2 minutes, call Furman. If it works fine, you have an AMX problem. When in doubt, simplify...
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    intrepid wrote: »
    would there be any problem with the electromangetic feild of the furman power conditioner interfereing with the DSP of the AMX Ni-3100
    parthiv

That's an interesting point. I once had a serial controlled matrix switcher that locked up regularly when issued an all-off command. It turned out there were speaker relays on several of the outputs for subzones, and the RF pulse when all of them fired at the same time scrambled the RS-232 port. All I had to do was re-route the RS-232 cable so it was further away physically from the relays,and all was well.