Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

Enclosure for Touchpanels

I'm wondering what kind of enclosures you guys use when you need to install touchpanels outdoors. I'm looking for a nice solution to install touchpanels in covered terraces and gazebos. They are not going to be exposed to direct sun light or rain.

Comments

• ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    flcusat wrote: »
    I'm wondering what kind of enclosures you guys use when you need to install touchpanels outdoors. I'm looking for a nice solution to install touchpanels in covered terraces and gazebos. They are not going to be exposed to direct sun light or rain.

The CP4A does have an outdoor kit that keeps them fairly weatherproof.

However, we can tell you that they do not survive being pressure washed. A lot of our homes are on the sea shore so they get a lot of salt and need pressure washing. We have to come remove them before the water starts spraying. (this assumes the client actually calls us in advace.)
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    My experience has been that the screens are not bright enough to use outdoors anyway, not unless it is heavily overcast. Even bright shade renders them unviewable.

When I need an outdoor solution, I use a keypad and one of the many outdoor outlet-type covers that are readily available. I'll put a touch panel just inside a door nearby if finer control is needed for some features.
  • ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    DHawthorne wrote: »
    My experience has been that the screens are not bright enough to use outdoors anyway, not unless it is heavily overcast. Even bright shade renders them unviewable.

When I need an outdoor solution, I use a keypad and one of the many outdoor outlet-type covers that are readily available. I'll put a touch panel just inside a door nearby if finer control is needed for some features.

This is a good point. As a matter of fact we only use them in positions where the light interference is at a minimum. also the layout is amazingly boring. It's about as close to Black and White as you can get for high resolution.