Home AMX User Forum AMX Control Products

@SHO inop?!?

Not sure why this isn't working - can anyone shed some light as to why the @SHO command won't work for a VPN-CP (5.03e)? I have the buttons' var text set . . . there is no channel code, is that making the difference?

Comments

• jjamesjjames Posts: 2,908
    Disregard . . . I guess the command won't work through "Control a device" - but it does work in code.

Strange.
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    I'm pretty sure @SHO is depreciated anyway, and you should be using ^SHO.
    DHawthorne wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure @SHO is depreciated anyway, and you should be using ^SHO.

Even for a VPN-CP?
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    jjames wrote: »
    Even for a VPN-CP?

You're right, ^SHO's the G4 version. Missed the panel reference ... never mind :)
    No problem - I normally do use ^SHO (as I hardly ever have to deal with the old G3s.)
  • mpullinmpullin Posts: 949
    pneumatic device

First we used @ because it was over the 2. Then came G4 panels which cost more $. Now we use ^ because it is over the 6.
  • ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    mpullin wrote: »
    First we used @ because it was over the 2. Then came G4 panels which cost more $. Now we use ^ because it is over the 6.

I don't know why... but ^ is always one I have to look for. I'll try to remember the 6 next time. jeez...
  • mpullin wrote: »
    First we used @ because it was over the 2.

Maybe on your keyboard ;-)
    ericmedley wrote: »
    I don't know why... but ^ is always one I have to look for. I'll try to remember the 6 next time. jeez...
    It would have made so much more sense to put the & over the 6 because & sort of looks like a demented 6. And ^ would be over 7 so we could remember it by saying, "Seven-up" which is a soda. But no, someone decided not to do that.
  • Joe HebertJoe Hebert Posts: 2,159
    It would have made so much more sense to put the & over the 6 because & sort of looks like a demented 6. And ^ would be over 7 so we could remember it by saying, "Seven-up" which is a soda. But no, someone decided not to do that.
    I?ve been typing for about a bazillion years but I never took the time to learn how to quickly enter the top row numbers and symbols without looking down at the keyboard (pretty lame eh?) so it doesn?t matter much to me where the symbols are. I can blindly use the number keypad without issue but my real expertise is the backspace key?.
  • ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    Joe Hebert wrote: »
    I?ve been typing for about a bazillion years but I never took the time to learn how to quickly enter the top row numbers and symbols without looking down at the keyboard (pretty lame eh?) so it doesn?t matter much to me where the symbols are. I can blindly use the number keypad without issue but my real expertise is the backspace key?.
    (Thankfully) In my high school, typing AND 10-key pad were required. We had to be able to type at least 34 words per minute to get past the Sophomore year. So, unless it's just a one off number, I always head over to the 10 key pad.

I had to learn on the old manual typewriters for one semester and then graduated to the IBM Selectric for the 2nd. I never knew what the Helvetica Ball was for the longest time until the Mac came out in 1984.
    (Thankfully) In my high school, typing AND 10-key pad were required.
    I have no 10-key skill whatsoever :-|
    The real thankfully is that I've never had to work a cash register :D
  • jweatherjweather Posts: 320
    I'm horrible with 10-key, but can touch-type the top-row numbers for some reason, so it doesn't bother me much. I have to be entering a whole column of numbers before it's worth switching over to the numpad and trying to remember whether 789 or 123 is on top. ;)
    I used to be horrible using the top row of numbers and always used the numerical keys to the right before I got a laptop. Now since I primarily work on that (except today - I brought in an old 10+ year clicky keyboard and hooked it up to my laptop - LOVE IT!!) I've had to get used to the numerical keys up on top.
  • Are you guys actually listening to yourselves...?
    Are you guys actually listening to yourselves...?
    Nah I tend not to dwell too much on the past, you thread necromancer :p
    Nah I tend not to dwell too much on the past, you thread necromancer :p
    Do you have stock in Webster?
    Necromancer is my new word for the day.
  • But can you type it without looking?
    But can you type it without looking?
    i t .. yes I can if I concentrate.
    I came across this site just now doing a google search for something else.

http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/warriorshtm/necromancer.htm

Select different personas from the pulldown menu to change pages. Very... interesting material. Which one are you?
  • There's a lot more to this forum stuff than I ever imagined. I'll claim Evil Clown....
  • HedbergHedberg Posts: 671
    (Thankfully) In my high school, typing AND 10-key pad were required. We had to be able to type at least 34 words per minute to get past the Sophomore year. .

Glad I didn't go to your school. Forty years later and I'd still be there. Talk about Hell -- when I die, maybe I'll spend eternity in high school.