Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

Polycom HDX 9002

I have a Polycom HDX 9002 command protocol that isn't working. Which is a Stop Content button. I was able to get the Play Content button. The protocols are taken exactly off of the PDF file and no doubt in my mind should work.

For the one that works, it looks like this:

BUTTON_EVENT[dvTP,43]
{
PUSH:
{
SEND_STRING dvPolycom,"'vcbutton play 4',$0D" //PLAY CONTENT
}
}

For the one that does NOT work, it looks like this:

BUTTON_EVENT[dvTP,44]
{
PUSH:
{
SEND_STRING dvPolycom,"'vcbutton stop 4',$0D" //STOP CONTENT
}
}

Any idea why only the Play Content button works but not the Stop Content button?

Comments

• matt95gsrmatt95gsr Posts: 165
    I use the same strings for this, with the exception that I do not append a 4 (or any other number) to the command. I presume this is a reference to the input number, but I'm not sure as I didn't check the protocol before posting this. Try simply SEND_STRING dvPolycom,"'vcbutton play',$0D" and SEND_STRING dvPolycom,"'vcbutton stop',$0D" and see what happens....
  • polycom

the new command 'vcbutton play 4', incorporates a stop and a play no need to ever send stop.
    This works far better then the old way of doing it. Vcbutton stop then play.
  • thanks Matt. it worked exactly how you explained it. even if i did leave the input 4 in the protocol for the "play button" it works. the stop doesn't seem to like it very much.
  • setholle wrote: »
    the new command 'vcbutton play 4', incorporates a stop and a play no need to ever send stop.
    This works far better then the old way of doing it. Vcbutton stop then play.

Ok I'm confused - I've always used the stop command to end a computer presentation to the far site.

If you want to end the presentation without removing the computer feed what do you use?
  • Visual Concert

I use just "vcbutton stop" and then I use the "camera near 1-4" command. You don't have to worry about the toggle anymore but always doing a vcbutton stop. One less thing to keep track of.

John Greer