Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

Extron MGP 464

Just wondering if anyone has ever coded one of these units. Anything odd or unusually about them that they would like to share?

Comments

• Pretty much as solid as any other Extron piece. No surprises with the control protocol. The only issue I had was not completely understanding exactly which parameters got stored/recalled in presets... The job I was working on with two of these was completed, so I never had time to sit, play and figure the rest of it out.

- Chip
  • mikecmikec Posts: 14
    I installed six of them last year and found them pretty robust - mainly DVI/HDMI sources @ 720p including Tandberg Precision HD Cameras. Extron API is pretty straightforward once you get your head around it.

Length of time to transfer graphics to the box was annoying, but time to select/change graphics once loaded was pretty quick. Parts of the config & operations are slightly confusing but they were bits I didn't need so I didn't bother to keep learning...

One wrinkle - Extron promises its a limitation of the DVI chipset, not the MGP - is that switching a different source into the 'DVI Background' results in blue screen MGP output until the new source is locked. Should not be an issue if you had a stable clock/common timebase (eg another MGP?) upstream?