Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

AXB-232++

I am controlling an LG Display Model 50PC5D through AXB-232++ which is 200feet away from the controller. Its working find with transmit but I could not get any receive strings. I used baud rate at 9600N81n,

Comments

• ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    edgelitoc wrote: »
    I am controlling an LG Display Model 50PC5D through AXB-232++ which is 200feet away from the controller. Its working find with transmit but I could not get any receive strings. I used baud rate at 9600N81n,

You might need to send it the receive on command. I don't have it in front of me but I think it's RXON.

The easiest way to make sure the thing doesn't have setup issues is to just send it the ZAP! command. That puts the thing back to factory default and erases any axcess programs that might be in it covertly changing things.
  • I agree with Eric,

SEND_COMMAND dvDev,'RXON'

I also like to send

SEND_COMMAND dvDev,'RXCLR'

which clears the internal buffer.

Good Luck!
  • edgelitocedgelitoc Posts: 160
    thank you for the quick reply, is it good to have this command on startup or in data event.
    thank you for the quick reply, is it good to have this command on startup or in data event.

DATA_EVENT

think about it. The master might have started up but the device has not yet come online to receive the command.
    thank you so much eric,
  • Since it's an AxLink device, you won't be able to use a DATA_EVENT (unless you are using it as a slave device with the master disabled).
  • DATA_EVENTS do work with AXLink devices connected to a NetLinx controller. If the controller that edgelitoc is using is an Axcent3 then you are correct the DATA_EVENT won't work but if he is using a NetLinx controller then the DATA_EVENT will work.

Slave settings actually only apply to Axcent3s.
    I'm using NI3 and I have placed it on data event and i have a control on the plasma but still i didn't get any feedback.
    I'm using NI3 and I have placed it on data event and i have a control on the plasma but still i didn't get any feedback.

Does the RX L.E.D. on the serial port light up when the plasma is sending data? If not, then it's something to do with the cable or the device itself. The RX LED will light up if there's activity even if the baud rate is off.
  • toddttoddt Posts: 28
    I have had the same issue with AXB-232's and in talking with AMX, is seems that they come loaded with some programming from the factory and they suggested zaping them, so I put in my online event for each device this code and it has fixed all my problems.

DATA_EVENT [device]
    {
    ONLINE :
    {
    SEND_COMMAND device,'ZAP!'
    SEND_COMMAND device,'RXON'
    }
    }
    i will try to send 'ZAP' command as I have not put it on data events...