Home AMX User Forum AMX Control Products

New Panels: NXD-430/435

Check the press release here: http://amx.com/includes/pressrelease-file.asp?release=2009.2.3.a

Not sure about you all, but this will be super handy for some upcoming installations for us. And the size (not of the screen) but of the entire thing: "The NXD-430/435 are ultra-thin and can be installed inside two-inch walls with a new mounting system utilizing locking tabs, allowing for a quick and easy installation and perfect for an entry point to home or building automation."

I say, another great addition to their lineup of panels.

Comments

• GSLogicGSLogic Posts: 562
    I not sure????

FIRST - I can't believe AMX came out with another resolution, this means more panel design. I try to keep all my jobs to one TP file and one resolution.

SECOND - 4.3", what good is that? I was expecting (and can sell) 7100, 8100 or 9100. Time to trash the 7500 for good.

THIRD - I would rather have a larger remote WITH more hard buttons that uses WI-FI - I hate using a touchpanel while watching TV - while I'm at it, what about a water proof remote?
  • TurnipTruckTurnipTruck Posts: 1,485
    I agree with Gary on the resolution. If this panel is to look like its big brothers in systems, it seems like more UI work would be put on our plate.

Hopefully this panel will have all of the same programmability as larger panels. The R4 is nice, but it's a handicapped device. I hope there are no handicaps with these new panels that we have to account for in programming.
  • viningvining Posts: 4,368
    GSLogic wrote:
    FIRST - I can't believe AMX came out with another resolution, this means more panel design. I try to keep all my jobs to one TP file and one resolution.

SECOND - 4.3", what good is that? I was expecting (and can sell) 7100, 8100 or 9100. Time to trash the 7500 for good.

THIRD - I would rather have a larger remote WITH more hard buttons that uses WI-FI - I hate using a touchpanel while watching TV - while I'm at it, what about a water proof remote?
    Today 12:27 PM
    First, at least it's 16x9 so other 16x9 designs should scale fairly well of course most of my designs don't adhere to the divisble x 4 pixel rule that was posted a long while ago.

Second, I kinda like it since it's intended to be a replacement for a keypad so depending on the price we have a choice other than the DMS pads which I don't really consider a choice.

Third, these are both in wall fixed panels and although they do say they can be used as a replacement to a remote control I don't see how. I don't care if they shrink or enlarge a remote control as long as they make it wi-fi and scap the zigbee stuff. Having to drive 2 hour just because I need to load an R4 really bites when everything else can be done remotely.

I like the Metreau keypads and its nice to have something that's a step up with excellent graphics but there's already the 5" panels so maybe this is the design scheme that all future TP releases will have and they'll scrap the older grey case look. I still don't like the gloss finish though.
  • GSLogicGSLogic Posts: 562
    GSLogic wrote: »
    I not sure????

My bad, I thought the screen resolution was different from the 800x480, but 800x480 and 480x272 are the same. So I do apologize!
    You will still have to develop a TP just for this little screen and only use them for ????
  • jjamesjjames Posts: 2,908
    I can think of plenty of purposes for a smaller 4.3" screen. I see this as a perfect replacement for a 3-gang lighting box, or perfect for near an entry way for lighting or whole house music. I perceive these things as small touch panels that will pack a lot of punch.

Let's face, it - for in-wall panels: who in the world stands at a touch panel to browse through their CD collection? Or to channel surf? Or to check their email, or whatever. To me, an in-wall panel is for quick references & quick control. A person probably won't be standing there any more than 15 seconds (or even WANTS to.) I'm not sure what the MSRP is on these things,but I know I'll be pushing the boss to sell these once we play with one.
  • Many uses

There are hundreds of apps for a small / good value TP. It opens up a wealth of automation options for smaller corporate installs.

Lets hope AMX bring out a 8" wireless and a 8" wired panel to match the new styling - who wants different style TP's for different areas...
  • Spire_JeffSpire_Jeff Posts: 1,917
    I have heard that US$ MSRP is $1150.00 for the single button and $1250.00 for the 5 button. I think it is VERY well priced. If you think about the control interface options for a wall, you have the following:

Single Keypad (MET-6N) - $280
    Dual Keypad (MET-6N and -7 or -13) - $540
    Triple Keypad (MET-6N, -7 and -13) - $800
    4.3" 1 button - $1150
    4.3" 5 button - $1250
    5" with intercom - $2300
    7" with Intercom and Composite Video - $4200
    10" with ICom and Video - $6300

Seems like a good range of choices to me.

Jeff
  • jjamesjjames Posts: 2,908
    Price looks good! I think we could sell that easily.
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    I've got lots of uses for smaller in-wall panels, and most of them involve upgrading older system. I have a client with a Russound he wants replaced they will be perfect for; and I have lots of old Landmark DMS systems out there still.

We've been selling the Niles GXR2 as a cheaper alternative to a full-blown AMX multi-room audio system, and a cheaper alternative is more than welcome to me; the Niles reliability is way below par and more trouble than it's worth IMO.
  • And for those of us who have a lot of Landmark projects we're upgrading, a POE $1200 G4 panel looks like a good replacement for a PLK-DMS now that the CP-4A is no more.