Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

Set IR mode

Can someone please tell me how to set IR mode under a Data_Event. I failed my ACE test and this was one of the reasons. I didnt set my ir on a data_event. I was never taught this in P1 or P2 and cant find in PI or in forums. I know its something easy, just dont want to fail again due to something I dont use or need.

Comments

• ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    Can someone please tell me how to set IR mode under a Data_Event. I failed my ACE test and this was one of the reasons. I didnt set my ir on a data_event. I was never taught this in P1 or P2 and cant find in PI or in forums. I know its something easy, just dont want to fail again due to something I dont use or need.

Set IR MOde for a what?
  • The best place to start looking for information like that is AMX-PI. Its in Studio under the TOOLS menu. From PI you can find all of the functions a particular device supports so in this case you would find NI-Controllers or IRS4 devices and look through the list of SEND_COMMANDS available to that device.

This is taken directly from AMX-PI
    "'SET MODE <mode>'"

Set the IR/Serial ports for IR or Serial-controlled devices connected to a

CardFrame or NetModule. Sets an IR port to either IR, Serial, or Data mode.

Note: IR DATA Mode works best when using both a lower baud rate and a

short cable length (< 10 feet).

Syntax:

SEND_COMMAND <DEV>,"'SET MODE <mode>'"

Variables:

mode = IR, SERIAL or DATA

Note: AMX does not recommend using a cable longer than 10 feet

for the IR Ports.

Example:

SEND_COMMAND IR_1,"'SET MODE IR'"

Sets the IR_1 port to IR mode for IR control.
  • viningvining Posts: 4,368
    jphillipsCT wrote:
    Can someone please tell me how to set IR mode under a Data_Event. I failed my ACE test and this was one of the reasons.
    By default the IR port's mode is set to IR so they really shouldn't deduct for that. They should just give you extra style points if you do.
  • ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    vining wrote: »
    jphillipsCT wrote:

By default the IR port's mode is set to IR so they really shouldn't deduct for that. They should just give you extra style points if you do.

Yeah, It's kinda harsh to fail someone on that one account. Is that all you missed.
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    It's done in the ONLINE handler of the DATA_EVENT.
  • IR Mode

This was not the only item I missed, but one that I thought was unnecessary. I am resubmitting my test today. Thanks for the info.