Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

Lutron best practice

I've red quite a few threads on Lutron and thanks to the valuable people posting here, found a lot of answers.

Now, for those of you using their own module and not the AMX one, what is the frequency you use to request feedback to the Lutron processor (Homeworks P5 in my case) - for LEDs status for instance from Keypads?
I'm using IP for communications and I'm planning on using a timeline for requesting status.

Thank you.

Comments

• I am using my own module and i NEVER requst status.
    If you set on Lutron reporting ON for LED's, you will receive a 'KLS' reply with the upated status of the LED's on that keypad every time something happens in that concern.
  • The only time I can think you might want to request LED status is after a reboot of the Netlinx or maybe the Lutron. If you store the LED state outside of the module in non-volatile or persistent memory you would only need to do that query the first time the Netlinx is rebooted after being connected to the Lutron.
  • mpullinmpullin Posts: 949
    The simplest way to know what the LED status is on a Lutron keypad is to set it.
  • Or, rather, on the ONLINE event, to be more precise. It might happen that Lutron will go OFFLINE without Netlinx being rebooted...
  • Pep_SDPep_SD Posts: 106
    Thank you everyone!
    I was not getting any feedback from Lutron after doing a KBP - you guys made me found my 'KLMON' sent to Lutron was not actually processed...