Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware

R4 Protection

I have a customer who has broken 3 R4 remotes. 2 have the touch glass broken and one had a PC board cracked.
I'm looking for something like a WII remote rubber cover. Has anyone else had R4s broken and is there a way to protect them?

Comments

• Spire_JeffSpire_Jeff Posts: 1,917
    I haven't seen any silicon covers for them, but it would be nice to have. As for your customer, might I suggest either some of those rubber coated gloves (to prevent the remote from slipping out) ..... or more likely, some Xanax or Valium to prevent the customer from throwing the remote at the TV when his/her team isn't doing what they are supposed to do. :) (Or tell them to stop betting so much on the game ;) )

Jeff
  • I have seen two R4s with screens cracked so far. Both times were during power outages when the remote lost communication with master. The customer thought that pressing harder on the screen would make it respond better. Imagine that!
  • jazzwyldjazzwyld Posts: 199
    Tales of Lore

I think the main issue we are having is education. I think the sales people need to inform the client.

"Yes these touch panels are drop tested, but they are not idiot/giant proof"

I have had several occasions for sending touch panels back.

1.) 8400 being dropped onto a concrete floor from a height of 6 feet.

2.) a NXD-10 being punched (The husband was upset at his now ex-wife and decided the touch panel was softer than the large oak door...who can argue with that logic)

3.) A touch panel was dropped off a couch and smashed to bits (Later we find that the daughter actually didn't drop the touch panel she literally kicked it like a football into the wall)