Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

Whats this?

Hi all...

We have a CV12 modero TP running at a distant remote site. Client is reporting that the screen is black - no images at all but does get 'beeps' when they touch it. TP is on the network

I have remote access to master and the online tree is showing that it is online.

My question - I am getting this report back from Notiications, but not sure what it is...

Line 2258 (13:12:26):: String From [128:1:1]-[]
Line 2259 (13:14:00):: String From [128:1:1]-[]

Nothing reported on Diagnostics and I'm not polling or anything that would trigger any sort of response from the TP.

They come in pairs, 3x since 9am this morning.

There was no other activity noted (pushes, etc) around this message.

Probably a simple string - just haven't seen one.

Thanks!

Comments

• jweatherjweather Posts: 320
    Sounds like the panel is rebooting and sending you a blank Startup string. Open your TP4 file and check the File/Project Properties, under Panel Setup Information. If you didn't put in a string to send you when the panel starts up, it sends a blank string.
  • PyroGuyPyroGuy Posts: 121
    Thanks - that sounds like it could be it - if there is a panel problem (hence black), it could be rebooting, but I don't see offline/online notifications. Hmmmm

Thanks for the lead!
  • TurnipTruckTurnipTruck Posts: 1,485
    I have several NXT-CV12s in my office. Once in a great while one of them will go to a blank screen with a very slight flickering raster. During the blank screen, it will respond to touch. A reboot brings it back to life.
  • I have the same problem with a MVP-5200. I noticed it happens if you touch it EXACTLY when the scren saver timeout kicks in. At that moment the two simultaneous events "Backlight OFF" and "WAKE" seem to confuse the panel and it will become "AWAKE and no backight".

The client reported as well a "reversed" behaviour when the panel sleeps, the screen is black but the backlght is stil ON....

The only way I can resume the normal functionality is by rebooting.

This is a major frustration for one of my clients and AMX tried to eplicate the problem, never managed so I am getting a replacement panel.

I will se what happens, but my suspicion is that a firmware inconsistency rather than a faulty device might be the cause for this.
    This particular NXT-CV12 won't come back after a reboot and client is ticked. It is coming back home here so I can kick it around. Thanks for the backlight comment - I'll keep it in mind.
  • filpeefilpee Posts: 64
    Similar thing has happened to me in the past. VNC session working fine so I figured the client must have had his/her eyes shut while using it.

Turned out the back light was faulty.
  • I've had several issues with the back lights going out(8-10 panels). Rebooting doesn't fix it. VNC works fine.
    Ouch Thomas - that is not a good track record.

Our TP is on its way for a vacation in sunny Dallas. I hope they find a bad part otherwise it's a new display - for $1000.

Funny thing is that the TP has a 3 year warranty. When the panel or board are only covered for a year, it's comforting to know that what's left is the rubber feet on the base of the TP and THEY are protected for a full 3 years!
  • Spire_JeffSpire_Jeff Posts: 1,917
    I thought the parts subjected to a 1 year warranty are only the touch overlay and the screen. The electronics inside are covered under a 3 year warranty. I am guessing that the overlay and screen are purchased from a 3rd party, where as the rest is designed/built by AMX and hence they are able to do repairs. Also, it could just be that there is no way to effectively repair the touch overlay or the screen and replacement is the only option.

Jeff