Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

Rako and AMX levels

Has anyone tried to use levels in TPD4 for Rako dimmers? I tried and it looks that Rako is overloaded with commands and gets stuck when the bar moves. I use RAV232PLUS bidirectional, 9600 bauds (max for the model) as a gateway from Netlinx master.

Comments

• The way I did it: Only fire the string if the level is a multiple of ten (or you decide what pacing works best). It worked and it's really unnoticeable for the naked eye.

Now, of couse, there will always be a user who will manage to get from 0% to 80% within the same tenth of a second... :-)
  • maxifoxmaxifox Posts: 209
    Well, forgot to say I tried that approach... The problem is still there: on fast move it is overloading the gateway. And this is common when a customer slides fast... Did you instruct a customer to move the bar slowly or what?
  • No. But you can contain that using "Range Time Up" and "Range Time Down" in TP Design
    And then, yes, I had to tell the customer that the real-time dimming has device speciffic limitations, only gets from 0 to 100 in no less than x seconds.
    OK, thank you for explanations. Found that a customer simply touches (not slide to) somewhere, for example, at about 80% and then starts sliding around the point. Obviously, Rako gets stuck...

I wondering is that Rako RAV232PLUS specific limitations? As you know, Rako software has similar sliders for the dimmers. They work smoothly...
  • Hi Guys, thought i'd re-start this thread slightly and ask if anyone has had any joy controlling the Rako IP bridge units via AMX yet?
    > controlling the Rako IP bridge units via AMX
    Theoretically by http interface or telnet. Seems to be obvious.