Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion
Options

G4 Control on iPhone

Has anyone successfully brought up a G4 panel by means of the Netlinx master web page links on an iPhone?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    iainshawiainshaw Posts: 133
    Not been able to. Just pointed Jaadu VNC at the panel directly instead. Works pretty well, it's good on a LAN and acceptable over a 3-4Mb/s broadband connection.
  • Options
    While we're talking about iPhones..

On the subject of iPhones - has anyone got an inkling of when the new improved iPhone shaped virtual keypad is going to ship. We must be well over 90 days since the announcement or maybe I'm just getting too excited
  • Options
    the8thstthe8thst Posts: 470
    iainshaw wrote: »
    On the subject of iPhones - has anyone got an inkling of when the new improved iPhone shaped virtual keypad is going to ship. We must be well over 90 days since the announcement or maybe I'm just getting too excited

How about a little of each? We are past the 90 days and you are over excited. ;)
  • Options
    the8thst wrote: »
    How about a little of each? We are past the 90 days and you are over excited. ;)

We?

Excellent, an insider view. So calm me down; when do you think it will be released?
  • Options
    the8thstthe8thst Posts: 470
    We?

Excellent, an insider view. So calm me down; when do you think it will be released?

I was using we to refer to the collective community of AMX dealers, programmers, employees, etc.
    See? There's that over excitedness again. :)
  • Options
    TurnipTruckTurnipTruck Posts: 1,485
    Not been able to. Just pointed Jaadu VNC at the panel directly instead. Works pretty well, it's good on a LAN and acceptable over a 3-4Mb/s broadband connection.

I have good results with Jaadu over Wifi or 3G. I consider it ro be too sluggish over Edge.

How hard would it be to create a native iPhone app that can send pushed and receive feedback?
  • Options
    iPhone Virtual Keypad

Has already been released and can be found on the Application Files page of the website. Enjoy!

Virtual Keypad
    (http://www.amx.com/techcenter/downloadConfirm.asp?fn=/assets/applicationFiles/VirtualKeypad.zip)

Virtual Keypad provides cost-effective remote management, maintenance and simple system interaction for systems that require remote access or that have simple control requirements.

New Features:

* Apple iPhone/iPod Touch interface

ZIP | 568 KB | v. 2.0 | 2009-02-08
  • Options
    Has already been released and can be found on the Application Files page of the website. Enjoy!

Wow! Thanks, I had no idea. I will give this a try tonight.
  • Options
    Oh it's out then is it?

I'm glad it's been released. I'm trying not to be too sniffy about this but why wasn't there some form of notification?
  • Options
    Lot less sniffy now

Had a chance to play with it - it's going to be really useful :)
  • Options
    I'm thinking that I will serve this out of a stand-alone NI-700. I do not want to run any Duet on my main system master.
  • Options
    Agree with that

I've got it running on an NI-700 here with a media server and performance is fine - so it can become the upsold iPhone interface upgrade kit :)
  • Options
    flcusatflcusat Posts: 309

Virtual Keypad
    (http://www.amx.com/techcenter/downloadConfirm.asp?fn=/assets/applicationFiles/VirtualKeypad.zip)

Virtual Keypad provides cost-effective remote management, maintenance and simple system interaction for systems that require remote access or that have simple control requirements.

New Features:

Had someone try this with a Blackberry?
  • Options

Virtual Keypad

New Features:

Finally tried it on iPhone. Pushes are relatively reliable. Releases usually don't come in until the next push. Hopefully this will be tweaked a bit.
  • Options
    cmasoncmason Posts: 123
    What happened to the iPhone verison of Virtual Keypad?

Hello,

I've downloaded "VirtualKeypad_2_0_1.zip" off of the NDT-VKP download page, but the "VirtualKeypadME_dr1_0_0.jar" file is missing.

I'd like to use the iPhone layout as advertised on the download page and in the PDF.

How do I get a hold of the .jar?
  • Options
    Joe HebertJoe Hebert Posts: 2,159
    cmason wrote: »
    VirtualKeypadME_dr1_0_0.jar" file is missing.

It’s not missing. VirtualKeypad_dr1_0_0.jar is inside of VirtualKeypad_2_0_1.AXW which is inside of VirtualKeypad_2_0_1.zip just like a Matryoshka doll.
  • Options
    Joe Hebert wrote: »
    It’s not missing. VirtualKeypad_dr1_0_0.jar is inside of VirtualKeypad_2_0_1.AXW which is inside of VirtualKeypad_2_0_1.zip just like a Matryoshka doll.

I appreciate the response Joe!

...but I don't think I explained it well enough.
    I do have access to the "VirtualKeypad_dr1_0_0.jar" file. This version of the file creates the standard "grey" web layout for VirtualKeypad. According to the PDF, you need to use the file "VirtualKeypadME_dr1_0_0.jar" (notice the letters "ME" added within the file name) to get the "iPhone" web layout.

Here is the instructions from the PDF:

"
    Instantiate the Virtual Keypad module with one of the following commands,
    depending on which version you are using:
    NDT-VKP Virtual Keypad:
    DEFINE_MODULE 'VirtualKeypad_dr1_0_0' VKP
    (VIRTUALPAD, VIRTUALPAD)
    NDT-VKP-ME Virtual Keypad:
    DEFINE_MODULE 'VirtualKeypadME_dr1_0_0' VKP
    (VIRTUALPAD, VIRTUALPAD)
    "

The "VirtualKeypadME_dr1_0_0.jar" is not zipped up with the AXW. It is missing and therefore I cannot use the iPhone layout.

Thanks in advance!

-Chris
  • Options
    ...but I don't think I explained it well enough.
    I do have access to the "VirtualKeypad_dr1_0_0.jar" file. This version of the file creates the standard "grey" web layout for VirtualKeypad. According to the PDF, you need to use the file "VirtualKeypadME_dr1_0_0.jar" (notice the letters "ME" added within the file name) to get the "iPhone" web layout.

You explained it well enough. I read right past the ME reference.

Looks like the zip file is missing a second AXW file which is supposed to contain the ME jar file.

I would shoot an email to tech support and see if they can help you out.
  • Options
    I found the ME AXW on my PC. It's attached. Have fun...
  • Options
    Joe Hebert wrote: »
    I found the ME AXW on my PC. It's attached. Have fun...

Joe, you are the man!

Thank you so much! I really appreciate your time.
  • Options
    Saddly it's not working....

I tried using the "VirtualKeypadME_dr1_0_0.jar" file you gave me, it loads onto my NI-3100, but I get a web page errors when I attempt to access the VirtualKeypad.

"500 Internal error:java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:javax/servlet/httpServletRequest"

The "VirtualKeypad_dr1_0_0.jar" (without the "ME") works as advertised.

Any ideas?

Could that be why they pulled it from the VKP release?
  • Options
    Could that be why they pulled it from the VKP release?

That would be my first guess. Contact tech support for the definitive answer.