Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

Audio and digital recordind

I need to propose an equipment to record Audio from boardroom meetings.
Anything recommend out there other than tape recorder?
I only need to capture the Audio.
And of course, would need some basic control, at least start/pause.

Thanks!

Paul-Eric

Comments

• Pep_SDPep_SD Posts: 106
    Chip,
    Since I have budget constraint, do you think the PMD560 will do the job too?

Thanks a lot for your answers!
  • Chip MoodyChip Moody Posts: 727
    Without even looking at the specs, I'm guessing the 560 is just a previous version of the 580. Look up the specs for the 560, and if they look like they'll fit your bill, grab one! :)

- Chip
  • PyroGuyPyroGuy Posts: 121
    Although I have not used it in an INSTALL environment, for the money, the EDIROL by Roland was a pretty amazing little box. Great recording quality, small, wireless remote so the basics (play, stop, record etc) are covered.

http://www.edirol.com/index.php/en/products-mainmenu-421/field-recording-mainmenu-390/r-09hr

If you can strap it down and slap an IR remote on it, this may be a budget sensitive unit.
  • How are you looking at playing these recordings back, and also how about storing the recordings. The Edirol is a field recorder, we tried using them but a user needs to transfer the files to a PC via USB and depending on how many people would do this can getting in to a problem of did someone already transfer the files, if not then they may delete files that were not saved, which we ran into before. The Marantz is a decent Product, you just need to figure out a storage system that meets the clients needs seeing it is on Compact Flash Cards. You could also looking into some computer based systems but will be a little pricey.