Home AMX User Forum AMX Control Products
Options

IR receiver on AXD-CP4/A

Hi everyone!

How IR receiver works on G3 panels? I have read documentation and try do it with AXD-CP4/A and third party remote with AMX codes(38 KHz) but it don't work :(.

Comments

• Options
    TurnipTruckTurnipTruck Posts: 1,485
    How are you expecting it to work?

How would you know that it was working?
  • Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    kru wrote: »
    Hi everyone!

How IR receiver works on G3 panels? I have read documentation and try do it with AXD-CP4/A and third party remote with AMX codes(38 KHz) but it don't work :(.

Some questions...

Do you have the IR receiver device turned on?

How many Devices are turned on in the panel?

If you've set up the panel at base device 128 and have turned on the device number to 4 there will be four devices on the online tree. 128, 129, 130, 131. Then, if you have the IR receiver tunred on it should be showing up on the tree as device 132.

If all of this is setup right, you would use Button_Events in your code.

example
    DEFINE_DEVICE

dv_CP4A_IR_Rec  = 132:01:0

DEFINE_EVENT

BUTTON_EVENT[dv_CP4A_IR_Rec,nIR_Rec_Buttons]
    {
    push:
      {
      // when IR remote pushed, do something.
      }
    }

• Options
    krukru Posts: 20
    well, i sep up a device base number to 140 and device used to 4. I see 4 devices in online tree, but there is no device number with 144. The button "Infrared push" is turned on and IR codes device is set to 5.
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    kru wrote: »
    well, i sep up a device base number to 140 and device used to 4. I see 4 devices in online tree, but there is no device number with 144. The button "Infrared push" is turned on and IR codes device is set to 5.

That part 's correct. 140, 141, 142, 143 = 4 devices. But there is no device 5 ... where did that come from? Is that how they notate the IR transmitter?
  • Options
    krukru Posts: 20
    DHawthorne wrote: »
    But there is no device 5 ... where did that come from?

From manual:
    IR CODES DEVICE # allows a user to enable/disable the IR feature. This toggles the selection such that activating the button enables the IR Codes Device feature and de-activating ("reverse video") disables the IR Codes Device feature. The device number (n) displayed on the IR Codes Device button is one greater than the number shown on the device used button on the protected setup page...

So, when i press this button it can be 0 or 5.