Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

AMX announces merger with Cre$tron!

yaboo.com wrote:
RICHARDSON, Texas ? April 1, 2009 ? AMX?, a worldwide leader in advanced control system technology, today announced that it has merged with Crestron? Electronics, Inc., a Rockleigh, New Jersey-based manufacturer of advanced control and automation systems. Both companies will continue to maintain their identities after the merger completes, but engineering and manufacturing resources will be combined to bolster the companies strength and presence.

With the merger, AMX and ******** are targeting the numerous newcomers to the automation and control industry. The slumping economy was cited as one of the main motivators in pushing this deal through. The new conglomerate is going to be headed by CEO Rashid Skaf. VP Nicholas H. Claus will head up the newly combined research and development department. VP Terra Mater will oversee the companies Green Initiative. VP Sol Invictus will be leading the companies efforts on the lighting control front.

Can you believe this! I for one cannot as I just made this up for April fool day. I am sure that it is a much better idea in my head, but I decided to post it anyway. I just wish I had more time to do a better job of it. Hope someone gets at least a smile from this :)

Jeff

Comments

• ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    Spire_Jeff wrote: »
    Can you believe this! I for one cannot as I just made this up for April fool day. I am sure that it is a much better idea in my head, but I decided to post it anyway. I just wish I had more time to do a better job of it. Hope someone gets at least a smile from this :)

Jeff

The last year I was in Lincoln, Nebraska, the morning news on the radio announced that the mayor was enacting a city ordinance that would require all people who have Christmas lights still on the exterior of thier houses (lit up or not) would be fined $150 and required to take them down withing 48 hours. The mayor's office had recieved several complaints about the unsightly lights still hanging on homes well past their appropriate time.

People in the city were outraged and called the station to complain. The DJs didn't fess up and kept playing the joke. However, the mayor's office was flooded with complaints. It was quite funny really.
  • bcirrisibcirrisi Posts: 148
    http://www.google.com/intl/en_us/landing/cadie/index.html

Check out its 'intriguing homepage'