Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware
Options

G3 firmware

Hi Guys,
I have a question regarding some old touchpanels i have lying around here.
I'm in a desperate need of some g3 firmware upgrade files so i can burn new EEproms for an AXT-CV and a AXP-TLC touchscreen.
If somebody can help me out i would be very thankful.

regards,
Joep

Comments

• Options
    You may ask Tech Support for the updates.

But the problem may be the memory of the panels. The AXT-CV needs the extended memory of 1MB (2x 512kB), and the TLC 256kB (2x 128kB). I know that several types of the S-RAMs are not longer available from manucaturers.
  • Options
    JoepJoep Posts: 3
    Hi Marc,
    thanks for the reply,but i don't know if amx is willing to help me because i bought the panels on ebay.
    Therefore i hope to update these panels by walking the unofficial path.
    Getting the firmware is one, getting the memory chips is the second.
    Hope someone can help me out.
  • Options
    Jimweir192Jimweir192 Posts: 502
    I'd have thought that given the age of the panels, it would be worth a call to TS. You may find they are ahppy to help, regardless of how you came about the panels. After all, these are a long way off being current products supplied by dealers.
  • Options
    JoepJoep Posts: 3
    Yes,
    But that is the problem.
    If i want to request for some support, they ask for a amx dealer code, something i ofcourse don't have.
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    Something else to keep in mind; even if the new firmware will fit memory-wise in the panel, your original panel design may not. You cannot depend on the memory use indicator in TPD3, it has been broken for years. I regularly run up against out-of-memory conditions on system upgrades that use G3 panels, even sometimes where there has been no actual additions to the panel, only changing stuff around. I can only conclude that newer versions of TPD3 itself cause a larger memory footprint allocation even if nothing else changes.