Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware

Slight R4 Tweaks

I opened up a new R4 today and noticed some tweaks to the the cosmetics of it. Coming from an industrial design background, I can't let these things go un-noticed...

Comments

• viningvining Posts: 4,368
    bcirrisi wrote:
    I opened up a new R4 today and noticed some tweaks to the the cosmetics of it.
    It's a start! I know I complained about those sharp corners from day 1. I wonder how many kids suffered dings in the head before they realized sharp corners on anything kids are bound to use is a bad idea.

I don't know if the body being more reflective is a good or bad thing, I lean towards bad but they really need to do something with the chromed buttons that show every smudge and finger print. It only takes a little use before they look like crap just like the gloss finish on the 5200's. Especially tyhe black 5200. A flat satin black finish would look so much better and would look better in between cleanings.
  • bcirrisibcirrisi Posts: 148
    I agree those chrome buttons need some help, they also feel and sound cheap when they move. If you have your finger on on the up/down/left/right button and move it a little, it makes an other wise solid remote feel ... cheap.

They should take some notes on URC about hiding the finger grease, I don't know what material URC uses, but I rarely see finger funk on them when I go to a clients house.