Home AMX User Forum AMX Design Tools
Options

TP4 & Graphic files

OK - this is something I am not sure about. (I'm finding more of those things every day)

When you upload a file to a touchpanel - do all of the graphics files in the resource manager get loaded to the touchpanel? or only the ones that are actually used in buttons?

Comments

• Options
    jjamesjjames Posts: 2,908
    JohnMichnr wrote: »
    OK - this is something I am not sure about. (I'm finding more of those things every day)

When you upload a file to a touchpanel - do all of the graphics files in the resource manager get loaded to the touchpanel? or only the ones that are actually used in buttons?

All of them in the resource manager should be loaded.
  • Options
    JohnMichnrJohnMichnr Posts: 279
    So it pays to clean out non-used graphic files from your project?
  • Options
    jjamesjjames Posts: 2,908
    JohnMichnr wrote: »
    So it pays to clean out non-used graphic files from your project?

Absolutely! I know some of our older panels run up to the 30MB mark because there are several different "high-resolution" (particularly backgrounds) files in there, and they get transfered too.

I wish there was some sort of feature that could clean out stuff that isn't being used - however, that is difficult because if you need graphics based on code (i.e. weather icons), you would want to keep those loaded as well. I just haven't gotten around to loading the variable images onto the master and draw it from there.

So yes, clean out any resources that are not being used to cut down on panel size & transfer time.