Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

Gotta be the dumbest 5200i question ever

I'm busy programming for a new 5200i that I don't have yet, and I have one really, really dumb question....

Where in the heck can I find the channel/level codes for the spinwheel?

I must be brain dead, but I can't for the life of me find them in the Operation Reference Guide, or the Installation Guide, or the PI's.

Should I give it up and become a ******** Programmer? (Just kidding, of course)

Thanks for any help.

Chuck

Comments

• TurnipTruckTurnipTruck Posts: 1,485
    When working with a page of your 5200i file in TPD4, press ctrl-b on your PC to view the spin wheel. From there you can set the port and channel codes as you desire.
  • ColzieColzie Posts: 470
    When working with a page of your 5200i file in TPD4, press ctrl-b on your PC to view the spin wheel. From there you can set the port and channel codes as you desire.

...or double-click "External Controls" from the workspace tree.
  • chuckdchuckd Posts: 26
    I forgot about having to "Override Global Settings" . I had 'shown external controls', but the Programming tab and all the associated dialog entries were disabled due to the Override Global Settings parameter.

Thanks,

Chuck
  • a_riot42a_riot42 Posts: 1,624
    Unless it has changed with the latest firmware the wheel only acts as a push/hold/release mechanism and doesn't generate a level.
    Paul
  • yuriyuri Posts: 861
    for rotate right:

- set "level control type" to "relative"
    - set "level code" to a desired level
    - set "level control value" to anything you like. For instance 5

for rotate left:
    - set "level control value" to anything you like, with a "-" sign in front. For instance -5

If you move the spinwheel, your level gets updated with the value you entered in "level control value"

:)
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    yuri wrote: »
    for rotate right:

for rotate left:
    - set "level control value" to anything you like, with a "-" sign in front. For instance -5

If you move the spinwheel, your level gets updated with the value you entered in "level control value"

Which, for the sake of completeness, can be done with any button. It's a good technique for having hardware buttons ramp an on-screen display level, for example.
  • The next question should be, "How do I pull the battery for a hard reboot?" It's not like I can fit a screwdriver in my programming bag. You know, the one that contains my computer, power supply, lounge chair, and chilled beer glass.
  • ColzieColzie Posts: 470
    Push and hold the middle of the nav wheel for quite a long time to reboot the panel.
  • Unless it's stuck on the boot screen. Hasn't happened a lot lately, but did a few times on the first ones we put in.
  • PhreaKPhreaK Posts: 966
    yuri wrote: »
    for rotate right:

for rotate left:

Thats a really got way to do it. I hadn't thought about approaching from that angle in the past. Thanks.
  • Jimweir192Jimweir192 Posts: 502
    Unless it's stuck on the boot screen. Hasn't happened a lot lately, but did a few times on the first ones we put in.

I had one of those also. The reponse from AMX (& the forum) was that you push and hold the button, and it will go through the following process:

Setup
    Calibration
    Soft Restart
    Hard Reboot

The last one takes about a minute if I remember, the duff panel I had didn't ever reach this stage...I once held the button for nearly 5 minutes and was tempted to film it and send it to anyone who said I hadn't held it long enough!!!
  • DamienbDamienb Posts: 13
    It's not like I can fit a screwdriver in my programming bag. You know, the one that contains my computer, power supply, lounge chair, and chilled beer glass.

Dont forget the packed lunch and also the french maid to tidy up afterwards.....

Damien