Home AMX User Forum AMX Technical Discussion
Options

1 MVP-8400 Controlling 4 seperate Netlinx controllers

Is there anyway to make an MVP-8400 control 4 different Netlinx controllers without using a master Netlinx to do it? There will be a room selection page to select which room you are using, so from that button push can you select the panel to connect to any of the Netlinx controllers?

Cheers,

Comments

• Options
    Jimweir192Jimweir192 Posts: 502
    Just use Master to Master with the 4 Masters, and assign the 8400 to a single system but list it in each master's define_device

#Master System 1
    dvTP = 10001:1:1

#Master System 2

#Master System 3

#Master System 4

Remember you only need to place the IP addresses for Master 2,3,&4 in the URL list of Master 1.

There are many ways to deal with the code, but the easiest will be an array.

HTH
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    Something interesting I learned the hard way when you do this: remote devices are treated like virtuals on the local master. That means system 2, when you define a panel as residing on system one, creates a virtual panel and links the real device on system 1 to that virtual. This causes the remote panel to inherit the limits of a virtual device, and the one that got me was levels ... it only recognized the first 8 levels until I ran a SET_VIRTUAL_LEVEL_COUNT against it. So if your design has a lot of channels, ports, or levels, you might need to set the virtual counts on the remote masters.