Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Applications and Solutions
Options

Lutron Feedback

Hello,

I would like to ask the senior or clever juniors members ;), about a problem I have with Lutron LEDs feedbaks.
I am trying to get the feedback from a Lutron system, but the KLS feedback strings don't containt the proper informations about the LEDs state. I can set the monitoring procedure (room,...etc) but I don't see when a phantom keypad button is ON or OFF.

Any help will appreciated,

Ion

Comments

• Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    Hello,

I would like to ask the senior or clever juniors members ;), about a problem I have with Lutron LEDs feedbaks.
    I am trying to get the feedback from a Lutron system, but the KLS feedback strings don't containt the proper informations about the LEDs state. I can set the monitoring procedure (room,...etc) but I don't see when a phantom keypad button is ON or OFF.

Any help will appreciated,

Ion

??? can you see the LED state of the Luton feedback using hyperterminal plugged directly into the Homeworks processor? I've personally had pretty good luck with the Lutron module. It's pretty tried and tested and hasn't changed over the years.
  • Options
    LED States
    ericmedley wrote: »
    ??? can you see the LED state of the Luton feedback using hyperterminal plugged directly into the Homeworks processor? I've personally had pretty good luck with the Lutron module. It's pretty tried and tested and hasn't changed over the years.

Dearthe Eric,

My problem is that I don't know how to program Lutron to give me the right information. The button I am pressing can have the right state but I saw that also some buttons went on at the same time with pressed button. I don't know how to set the properties per keypadphantom's button.

Thanks,

Ion
  • Options
    Dearthe Eric,

My problem is that I don't know how to program Lutron to give me the right information. The button I am pressing can have the right state but I saw that also some buttons went on at the same time with pressed button. I don't know how to set the properties per keypadphantom's button.

Thanks,

Ion

Perhaps you can post some code and we can see if we can help.
    e

make sure to put it between brackets so it's easier to read.

like this
    // here is my code

• Options
    John GonzalesJohn Gonzales Posts: 609
    Here's the info on the KLS Monitor string.

You'll need to issue a command to the Homeworks panel to turn the KLS monitoring on. The command is 'KLMON'. Once the monitoring is on, when an LED changes state you'll receive a string notification as follows:
    KLS, <address>, <led states>

Parameter Description Format
    address system address of the keypad [processor : link : address]
    see device address formatting description
    led states the current state of the keypad's LEDs The first digit is LED 1, the last digit is LED 24
    0 = Off
    1 = On
    2 = Flash 1
    3 = Flash 2

Description
    The KLS monitor string is output from a processor when any led on a keypad changes state

Example
    An led on processor 1, link 4, keypad address 10 changes state

KLS, [01:04:10], 100000000000000000000000

If you don't have access to the Homeworks info, implementing the AMX module might be easier since there's more documentation on it.

If you just need help parsing it, then posting your code will be helpful like Eric says.

--John
  • Options
    Spire_JeffSpire_Jeff Posts: 1,917
    Are you having problems programming the Lutron processor to properly reflect the state of lights in the system on the phantoms?

If so, you need to add only the lights you want to monitor to the button. You also have to set the LED logic to Room, Scene, or Pathway. If you search for those terms in the lutron help files, you should find a description of what each means.

Jeff
  • Options
    viningvining Posts: 4,368
    The button I am pressing can have the right state but I saw that also some buttons went on at the same time with pressed button.
    That's quite possible. If you have a keypad, phantom or otherwise and one button is programed to turn all lights on to 75% and the remaing buttons are programmed to control the individual lights to come to 75% and you then push the "All On 75%" button then the all on 75% led postion with turn on and so with all the other led positions for buttons that run on the individual lights to 75%. The LED state does not reflect that the button is on on off or that it was the last button pushed but it reflects the programmed setting for the button is true or at the programmed level.

also keep in mind that all keypads, phantoms or otherwise have 24 buttons and 24 LEDS. Ok they don't all physcally have 24 buttons but logically they do. On the Phantoms you'll see the physicall buttons 1-15 and 23,24. The KLS string returned will have 24 LEDS.
  • Options
    Thanks

Dear all,

Thank you for you reaction, I was yesterday to tired to read all or your posts. I can parse correctly the Lutron strings but the problem is with the programming of the Lutron, I think. So after your messages I realize that I have to talk with the Lutron guy, who programmed the Lutron processor. I encounter a kind of situation that vining discribes.

Thank you a lot for your real-time help ....

Ion
  • Options
    Dear all,

Thank you for you reaction, I was yesterday to tired to read all or your posts. I can parse correctly the Lutron strings but the problem is with the programming of the Lutron, I think. So after your messages I realize that I have to talk with the Lutron guy, who programmed the Lutron processor. I encounter a kind of situation that vining discribes.

Thank you a lot for your real-time help ....

Ion

One thing we do that really makes things much simpler is create virtual keypads/buttons for all the things that need to talk to AMX. It makes things easier for the Lutron programmer in that he doesn't have to constantly inform you of any changes made to the Lutron side of their program.