Home AMX User Forum AMX Control Products
Options

Clean Screen Button

I have received a request for "Clean Screen" button on my touch panels in a house. Has anyone ever done this or have any suggestions for the easiest way to do it?

The client would like the button to make the touch panel got to a blank screen and not respond to touch for about 30 seconds so they can wipe the screen off without pressing buttons.

Thanks,
Wil

Comments

• Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    wilw410 wrote: »
    I have received a request for "Clean Screen" button on my touch panels in a house. Has anyone ever done this or have any suggestions for the easiest way to do it.

The client would like the button to make the touch panel got to a blank screen and not respond to touch for about 30 seconds so they can wipe the screen off without pressing buttons.

Thanks,
    Wil

I'd just go to a page that is black with no buttons for 30 seconds then come back. A better idea would be a power controller, I would think.
  • Options
    ColzieColzie Posts: 470
    Show a full screen popup (with no buttons) with a 30 second timeout. Easy as they come.
  • Options
    glr-ftiglr-fti Posts: 286
    I would suggest that you provide a button to press and hold after the screen is cleaned. What I do is provide a hidden button on the main screen by the clock. When that is pressed I display a page with my company logo and a message to press and hold the center of the screen for 5 seconds to return. That then exits the page. If you put a timer on it there is a chance that the timer won't expire due to many reasons and then you get a call that you have to deal with. If you use a timer no matter what time you select it will never be the correct value depending on who is cleaning the screen. I have also asked the cleaning crews what would work best for them since they are usually the ones cleaning the screen and they like the press and hold to get out.
  • Options
    mpullinmpullin Posts: 949
    I only remember doing this once, and I did a press and hold button. But here's something no one has suggested:

Put a big button on the page, and four small buttons on top of that, near the corners of the screen, numbered 1, 4, 2, 3 (from top left clockwise). The buttons must be pushed in order to get back to the main program, and touching the background starts over. The next button in the sequence has a bright ON state as well, to prevent language barriers. Completely wait-less.
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    mpullin wrote: »
    I only remember doing this once, and I did a press and hold button. But here's something no one has suggested:

Put a big button on the page, and four small buttons on top of that, near the corners of the screen, numbered 1, 4, 2, 3 (from top left clockwise). The buttons must be pushed in order to get back to the main program, and touching the background starts over. The next button in the sequence has a bright ON state as well, to prevent language barriers. Completely wait-less.

That's how I do it. Gives them all the time they need to fuss over that last stubborn smudge ...
  • Options
    ColzieColzie Posts: 470
    mpullin wrote: »
    The buttons must be pushed in order to get back to the main program

So how does the cleaning crew leave a perfectly clean screen if they have to touch it to exit?? ;)

Guess you have a note to use the stylus....
  • Options
    jjamesjjames Posts: 2,908
    Indeed easiest thing every . . . we have the rotating AMX logo on a black background.

One client actually saw it and said - "it cleans its own screen too?!?"; I still can't figure out if he was joking or serious, but I'm leaning towards the latter.
  • Options
    TurnipTruckTurnipTruck Posts: 1,485
    I would make images of smudges and dead bugs on the cleaning screen. But that's just me.
  • Options
    jjamesjjames Posts: 2,908
    I would make images of smudges and dead bugs on the cleaning screen. But that's just me.

Haha . . . and then create a transparent level overlay whenever they move their hands on it - the bugs go away? :D
  • Options
    SendStringSendString Posts: 19
    Cleaning with fun

Here's a little "cleaning-a-touchpanel"-program.
    It shows the user where to clean and checks if the whole surface is cleaned. Leaving the cleaning-page is only possible if everything is cleaned.

Have fun!

attachment.php?attachmentid=1205&stc=1&d=1242228357