Home AMX User Forum AMX Control Products
Options

TPI PRO Input Type Problem

First post here :D

Just thought I'd share an 'interesting' problem I had with the TPI-PRO today and the solution I arrived at.

First the setup:
A matrix switcher with a bunch of VGA sources a DVD/VCR combo on composite video is connected to the inputs of the TPI-PRO. The TPI-PRO is connected to the display.

When switching between a VGA source and the DVD/VCR ~80% of the time the window would either display a frozen image of the VGA source or green garbage. This is with the matrix switch and the input type switch on the TPI-PRO occuring one right after the other in code, in either order, with no waits.

I wound up having to disconnect the VGA source in the matrix, followed by a 1 second delay, followed by switching the input type to composite, followed by a .5 second delay, followed finally by connecting the DVD/VCR. I tried reducing the delays, but couldn't get it to work consistently much below these times.

Figured I'd try to save someone else the headache of figuring this out by trial and error.

Comments

• Options
    jjamesjjames Posts: 2,908
    Ryan,

Welcome to the forums! I see you joined last month - hopefully you're enjoying it so far.

I'm sure someone will find your post helpful, and it's great to see someone creating a "here's how to do it" thread as their first - it shows great character.

Thanks again for the post, and keep them coming! Welcome aboard!