Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

Level control via I/O port

I am trying to control a RANE RPM2's audio level. Per RANE i should be able to connect from AMX I/O port to one pin on their Versatile Input Port (VIP).The pin is capable of accepting 0-5 VDC. I've already mapped the desired VIP pin to the level control in the DSP configuration . I am not experienced in using the I/O port. Can anyone point me in the right direction as to how I may accomplish level control?

thank you.

Comments

• TurnipTruckTurnipTruck Posts: 1,485
    The Rane port in question is an analog control port that is looking for a DC voltade between 0 and 5 volts to adjust the audio level. The AMX I/O port is only on/off (digital) it will not work for your purpose. If you want to control Rane levels from AMX through the VIP port you will need some sort of a voltage ramp generator card for your AMX system.
  • TurnipTruckTurnipTruck Posts: 1,485
    The better way would be to use AMX's Rane RPM comm module. After creating your Rane DragNet config file, you output a report that gives you some values that you will need for use in your AMX code. It is not the simplest module to use, but it works very well.
  • virtualricvirtualric Posts: 8
    re:

Thanks, that's just what I needed to know!