Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware

MVP7500 Firmware weirdness

I just got a second MVP-7500 but unlike the first one I had I have a couple of strange issues.

Unlike the other MVP-7500 only the Open and Static WEP settings are enabled in the Wireless settings page. How can I enable the other settings? (The network uses WPA2)

Also, even when I setup Open Wireless that can connect, as soon as I reboot the wireless fails, if static IP is used then the IP Address, Subnet and Gateway options blank on reboot. Changing it to DHCP fixes this, changing back to static and inputting the same setting it had before rebooting also works.

If I reboot in static then again it fails to connect, I have to switch to static, exit the wireless screen and then switch back to DHCP again to fix it. Does anyone know how to fix this?

The other MVP-7500 behaves nicely.

Comments

• ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    Krobar wrote: »
    I just got a second MVP-7500 but unlike the first one I had I have a couple of strange issues.

Unlike the other MVP-7500 only the Open and Static WEP settings are enabled in the Wireless settings page. How can I enable the other settings? (The network uses WPA2)

Also, even when I setup Open Wireless that can connect, as soon as I reboot the wireless fails, if static IP is used then the IP Address, Subnet and Gateway options blank on reboot. Changing it to DHCP fixes this, changing back to static and inputting the same setting it had before rebooting also works.

If I reboot in static then again it fails to connect, I have to switch to static, exit the wireless screen and then switch back to DHCP again to fix it. Does anyone know how to fix this?

The other MVP-7500 behaves nicely.

It must have the older wireless card. Those features open up wen you have the newer card. You want that card anyway. Its range and connectivity are way better. Call AMX foir a part number and price. I don't remember it being too bad.
  • KrobarKrobar Posts: 32
    Hi Eric,

Thanks for the response, I will order the updated wireless card.
  • ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    Krobar wrote: »
    Hi Eric,

Thanks for the response, I will order the updated wireless card.

No problem.
    e