Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Studio

Pioneer PDP434/504CMX Module?

Anyone have or know of a module for these very popular professional plasmas?

Thanks!

Comments

• Chip MoodyChip Moody Posts: 727
    I recently came across a protocol manual for the PDP-505/435, if that helps any.

But no module...
  • Pioneer PDP434/504CMX Module?

AMX has a module posted in InConcert for the PDP503CMX model as well as the protocol specification. Additionally, the protocol specification for the PDP504CMX model is posted on InConcert but no module. I did a quick glance at the two protocol specifications and they seem very similar. Have you checked to see if the protocols for the 2 devices are identical by comparing the specifications and if so, perhaps you could use the AMX module posted for the 503CMX model.

One odd thing, the AMX module posted for the PDP503CMX is named Hitachi CMP5000. Opening the ZIP file indicates that all of the files in the module posting for the 503CMX are also named Hitachi. Either the wrong module is posted on the AMX web site or the Hitachi device is the same. If the wrong module is posted, perhaps a call to AMX Technical Support is in order.

Just a thought ....

Reese
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    Re: Pioneer PDP434/504CMX Module?
    Originally posted by Reese Jacobs
    AMX has a module posted in InConcert for the PDP503CMX model as well as the protocol specification. Additionally, the protocol specification for the PDP504CMX model is posted on InConcert but no module. I did a quick glance at the two protocol specifications and they seem very similar. Have you checked to see if the protocols for the 2 devices are identical by comparing the specifications and if so, perhaps you could use the AMX module posted for the 503CMX model.

One odd thing, the AMX module posted for the PDP503CMX is named Hitachi CMP5000. Opening the ZIP file indicates that all of the files in the module posting for the 503CMX are also named Hitachi. Either the wrong module is posted on the AMX web site or the Hitachi device is the same. If the wrong module is posted, perhaps a call to AMX Technical Support is in order.

Just a thought ....

Reese
    It's likely they use the same chassis. I've seen lot s of overlaps like this in the plasma world, the NEC chassis seeming to be the most commonly re-branded. Odd thing, they don't always use the same IR boards - I can't recall which unit it was now, but I had a plasma that responded to NEC RS-232 codes, but only to it's own IR. In the end, there just aren't as many companies making the things are there are producting and selling final product.
  • The Hitachi file works for the Pioneer as well. The protocols are the same.